mouth rot

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morelia_man

Reaction score
i went to feed my NT carpet (penelopee) today and she didn't eat, now this is unusual because she has never turned down a feed. i opened up her mouth to see if anything was wrong. she has mouth rot,it looks like she has only just got it, because it is very hard to see. but i still think this is the problem. i looked in my snake books and it said go straight to the vet, but i was wondering if i could help her without taking her to the vet?
if you could reply tonight it would be good so that if it is serious i can take her to the vet tomorrow.

thanks everybody

I would definitely take the book's advice, because if it is mouth rot, your snake would need antibiotics to clear it, because it can get a lot worse within days. Good luck!

Ps I forgot to mention, the first thing you do until you see a Vet, is bring up the heat in the enclosure (it probably would have said that in your book)

Sorry mate, but I don't think is anything you can do except take her straight to the vet.... :(

You could (and probably should) raise the temps a bit - especially night temps - to help the healing process, but apart from that, I wouldn't risk trying to fix it yourself. This was on the australianherps list not long ago, and from memory everyone said to go straight to the vet!

I hope it all goes well for you buddy! Good luck with it all.

Dan

Hey Morelia man,
You have to let me know how ure work experiance goes. Anyway if you are looking fo a herp vet in darwin/palmerston ring snakes NT or check CC's website which has a list of vets in the NT.
The address is
www.geocities.com/cyber_crimes
Cheers, hope penelopee is OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back