moving from mice to ratties

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

numptyboxer

Reaction score
How do you get a fussy "mice only" eating carpet to eat rats?
i really don't want to make her really hungry ... but also don't want to be having to feed bucketloads of mice as she gets bigger...

sorry - newbie - tell me if it's in an FAQ

You can thaw out a rat and a mouse then rub the mouse all over the rat ruffling the rats fur up so the mouse scent is all over properly then try feeding the snake that is the only thing i know of. lol

What i did was didnt feed my coastal for a month, Brought some little hopper rats scented with a mouse and offered it to him, He took it straight away then the next feed i kept scenting then Just started scenting the rat a little bit now i just leave a mouse in the same snap bag as the rats and he takes them every time now

Do what chickensnake said but then feed the mouse first then the rat. This way they are in feeding mode and should take the scented rat. After a while you can try not feeding the mouse first and just scenting, then reducing the amount of scenting. Obviously if you are feeding both items they should be smaller than if you are using just one item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back