Murderers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Switch

Reaction score
Couple of days ago a neighbour of my parents called the police as they had a snake in their kitchen.
In Lithgow there is an officer that can remove snakes.
This was at night though, its been bloody hot, which is unusual for here.
These officers bashed to death a snake with their batterns, in the house.
Ive got friends who are cops so dont get me wrong i have no problem with them, their got a bugger of a job, but i reckon this situation could have been handled better.
Never got to find out what sought of snake it was but from experience most likely a copperhead, tiger or brown, but it was about 2 foot long i was told.
Any thoughts?

Contact NPWS...It illegal to kill a protected species.

what, don't your parents have the good old snake hook behind the front door?
Serously though, some people can't stand the sight of a snake. It just feaks them out.
Dunno whats with that.

Some day i hope there is a break through educational program that makes all people appreciate the woderful diverse wildlife that we have, all of it not just the cuddly ones. They all play a role, and all are more scared of us then we are of them.

the police over reacted. if your neighbours wanted to kill the snake they could have done it themselves with something around the house. anyway its not even the polices job to do that. from what i know about NSW laws about native animals(not much) the police should have called the NPWS

At the least...They Shoulda called you! ;)

i know its a different state, but i know that nsw is tougher with laws but my aunt in sa told me some tree cutters faced alot of problems from the gov after they cut down a tree with baby magie pies. i hope the police who killed the snake get some sort of punishment

They should get sacked...The poor thing must've died horribly...

Ha ha ha...I remember warning you guys for watching your mouths about what you say about Stevo... Anyone can join this site you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back