Mutton Bird Oil?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Put that in ur pipe and smoke it Slimy :lol: I'm still a few weeks off my teaching degree and damn it feels good to teach the teacher somehthing :lol: ;)

haha.. War - you can take that arrogance a long way you know :p the kids teach me something new everyday - like words I had never heard of before... haha...

Good luck with the teaching dude... make sure you stick it to em :p

Was watching a program the other day on chappel island tigers and the bloke was talking about how many feeds they get for the year which is only 4-5 so just saying that if they can survive for the whole year on only 4-5 feeds you would have to be careful on how much you were giving them?

Is Mutton Bird Oil freely available in herp shops? Haven't seen it advertised anywhere, is all.

Here is the new product called "HERPAboost" that has just been released.

Cheers
Shane

so it would be a good vitamin suppliment for a once a month boost? like dusting crickets?

I think that is what the company is aiming at. I think it would be better used for sick or stressed animals that aren't eating properly.

would this fall into the (cringes) skaarfing category?

Depends how you use it I guess. It could be just used as a supplement for "poor doers" or for "skaarfing". I prefer to hope it would be used for sick reptiles and poor feeders.

According to Vetafarm's Dr. Tony Gestier BVSc.(Hons) MACVSc. BMSc. (Pharmaceutics), Yes it is fine for all reptiles.

No what i was saying was that snakes don't need UV to absorb vit D, i shouldn't have said produce. All of the required vit D is gained in an absorbable form from their prey's liver. Which is why whole prey items are very important.

I understand that large doses of Vit D are toxic, that's what killed the arctic explorers from eating dog liver.

I'm pretty sure it was actually Vitamin A toxicity from the dog livers that killed them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back