My attempt at feeding and succeeding! Woohoo check out the video!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice looking snake mate, I never liked ants but lately i have found a soft spot for paternless childrens wheat belt stimmis and windorahz ! might have to get a pair later on I think

Cheers

its my first snake, i have a feeling it wont be my last ;)

i cant wait to be able to put it in its own 3ft enclosure rather than the stupid click-clack container!!

what a gorgeous little bub! such pretty colours :D

hehe mmm dinner let me just dislocate my jaws BAHAHA

Go Hank!!!
Awesome snake mate thanks for sharing

what a gorgeous little bub! such pretty colours :D

hehe mmm dinner let me just dislocate my jaws BAHAHA

I don't think they dislocate their jaws in actuality

snakes dont dislocate their jaws why does everyone say it? there are ligaments that stretch beteween there jaw bones .

by the way amazing snake i'm getting one soon amazing colours ! :)

Go Hank!!!
Awesome snake mate thanks for sharing

I don't think they dislocate their jaws in actuality

They can dislocate their jaws, which allows them to generally swallow prey larger than themselves.

Just prior to me posting bohdi13 claims they cannot, any other info? I was lead to believe they could.

*EDIT*

Now i know Wiki isn't always right, though i found this. Either way i'm open to other opinions with justifications.

"The snake's jaw is a complex structure. Contrary to the popular belief that snakes can dislocate their jaws, snakes have a very flexible lower jaw, the two halves of which are not rigidly attached, and numerous other joints in their skull (see snake skull), allowing them to open their mouths wide enough to swallow their prey whole, even if it is larger in diameter than the snake itself.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snake#cite_note-Bebler79_581-44"

Last edited:
Oh that's sooo cute, thanks for sharing
reminds me of our little Noodles when he was a baby, 7 now and still eating like a trooper, just now it's baby quails and fuzzy rats.
You couldn't have picked a nicer snake for your first one, they're so easy to handle and maintain their great colours and markings. If it makes you feel better put your click- clack in the big tank...lol... that's what we did...

oh i know i know they cant - was a joke :p
its what it LOOKS like they do haha i dont have a snake but i watched docos - they stretch it out and walk their teefs up the unfortunate victim

Globe - wiki says - The snake's jaw is a complex structure. Contrary to the popular belief that snakes can dislocate their jaws, snakes have a very flexible lower jaw, the two halves of which are not rigidly attached, and numerous other joints in their skull (see snake skull), allowing them to open their mouths wide enough to swallow their prey whole, even if it is larger in diameter than the snake itself.[SUP][
[/SUP]

Now i know Wiki isn't always right, though i found this. Either way i'm open to other opinions with justifications.

"The snake's jaw is a complex structure. Contrary to the popular belief that snakes can dislocate their jaws, snakes have a very flexible lower jaw, the two halves of which are not rigidly attached, and numerous other joints in their skull (see snake skull), allowing them to open their mouths wide enough to swallow their prey whole, even if it is larger in diameter than the snake itself."

That means that snakes don't dislocate their jaws (which is correct). It is just badly written. That is wikipedia for you.

Hey congrats Alec, good to hear it's settled and eating well.... Love the YouTube, well one.

Oh and yeh the colours are stunning, you chose a good one there :)

snakes dont dislocate their jaws why does everyone say it? there are ligaments that stretch beteween there jaw bones .

by the way amazing snake i'm getting one soon amazing colours ! :)

i actually bought him off "shiresnakes"

they taught me alot and are always helpful with giving help in anyway!

Thanks for your comments! appreciate them! send the video to everyone hahaha

Hey congrats Alec, good to hear it's settled and eating well.... Love the YouTube, well one.

Oh and yeh the colours are stunning, you chose a good one there :)

Thanks heaps! you bred a good one hahahah

That means that snakes don't dislocate their jaws (which is correct). It is just badly written. That is wikipedia for you.

"The snake's jaw is a complex structure. Contrary to the popular belief that snakes can dislocate their jaws, snakes have a very flexible lower jaw, the two halves of which are not rigidly attached, and numerous other joints in their skull (see snake skull), allowing them to open their mouths wide enough to swallow their prey whole, even if it is larger in diameter than the snake itself."

After re-reading the Wiki thoroughly you're correct danielk i feel foolish rushing through it simply searching for "dislocate". "CONTRARY to the popular belief that snakes can dislocate their jaws"

Thanks for clearing that up :)

After re-reading the Wiki thoroughly you're correct danielk i feel foolish rushing through it simply searching for "dislocate". "CONTRARY to the popular belief that snakes can dislocate their jaws"

Thanks for clearing that up :)

Yeah I was the same when I first read it and was about to go on a rant about how wrong the wiki was. Then I reread it a few times and realised it was just horribly written :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back