my bargain cabinet

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mavrick1981

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hi guys i picked this cabinet up on ebay for $5 the other day now all i have to do is convert it for my diamonds... there only hatchies so ive got a while to get it done.
ive seen some really good looking conversions on here and cant wait to get in to it myself. sorry about the terrible pic

Attachments

• IMG_0712.jpg
    IMG_0712.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 229
Good luck with it mate looks like a good score.

Wow - lots of room to roam. It's a particularly good score because you have two glass doors already. That saves you an absolute fortune, not to mention the pain of getting them to hang straight! Have fun getting creative.

The only thing I didn't measure was the depth I was just rough guessing at 400. I'll check it out tomorrow tho

Agreeing on the converted cabinets! Nice choice :) Beauty of that cabinet is you could make seperate enclosures if you needed to before allowing them to roam in the entire space, should you convert it into one single enclosure.

They make fantastic, sound, well made enclosures and fitting the electrics and cages into them make them a really functional reptile enclosure for a fraction of a newly built/bought one and I think they look really smart.

This is my newly converted crystal cabinet for my jungle, once he upgrades (can never be ready too early I think, he can always use it as a jungle gym in the meantime, even before he lives there permenantly.

It measures (on the inside) 85cm long x 38cm deep x 125cm high (400 Litres internally) and has a 200w black ceramic heat lamp and compact uv fluro fitted (needed lighting as well and the uv can't hurt) and the white thermostat probe sits about 30cm below the heat lamp above the currently highest basking spot (higher branches will be screwed in as the need for more height is required, but my hatchy is only 6 months old as of yesterday so won't need the whole space for a while yet)

I have put artificial turf (that I got from work, highest and thickest quality we have) and there is a stem of fake plant there too. All I need to get is a hide and a water dish. The thermostat is a duel plug so it runs both the heat lamp and timer on off for the lighting too, so I just set and forget (with digi display that you can see there when the I was running a temp test)

Left door has internal lock and right door has external lock. All in all, I personally think I have done well for a new keeper and I think the pannelling will leave Moose feeling less exposed when he does eventually upgrade to this enclosure.

Here is it so far:
IMG_5452.jpg IMG_6686.jpg

Last edited:
That looks awesome schnecke plenty of room. I'm coming along with mine slowly... Got the lights in at the moment. Just trying to source some foam for the backgrounds before I go any further really. Going to need some inspiration for some background designs....

I was tempted to put a background into mine, but as it's shallow (38cm front to back on the inside) I have decided to leave it as-is. I think one day I'll get another one that's deeper and do something like that to it, but for now this will be more than adequate and with a bit more decoration it'll be fine.

I think I liked the cabinet conversion idea, as Pythonmum said, it's the pre-hung doors are great, my doors even have a extra little piece of wood on the front of one that goes in front of the other (overlapping) that almost locks the 2 together which gives me more piece of mind.

Plus, they remain a great piece of furniture :)

I was tempted to put a background into mine, but as it's shallow (38cm front to back on the inside) I have decided to leave it as-is. I think one day I'll get another one that's deeper and do something like that to it, but for now this will be more than adequate and with a bit more decoration it'll be fine.

I think I liked the cabinet conversion idea, as Pythonmum said, it's the pre-hung doors are great, my doors even have a extra little piece of wood on the front of one that goes in front of the other (overlapping) that almost locks the 2 together which gives me more piece of mind.

Plus, they remain a great piece of furniture :)

the cabinet im converting now has doors like that to, its an bali style tv cabinet, with a three year old any extra locks r always a bonus. i really like rockwalls and thats the reason i havent converted my china cabinet yet, i think it may be to narrow especially after adding a wall.

I figure if I have it furnished well with the right amount of branches and plants, then my snake won't worry too much about the lack of a pretty background :) If I had a melamine enclosure I'd go all out on a background to dress it up (I'd have to buy one though as I'm not creative enough)

I was looking for a bali style cabinet originally, before I converted the one I have.

I also looked into converting a corner TV cabinet but many have shelves that are next to impossible to remove without damaging the cabinet itself, so i stuck with what I had.

My partner also has a converted display cabinet, his is 2 metres high, but has similar space for the enclosure part, as it's raised, with doors and shelves under it and just 2 glass doors at the front.

finally found a bit of time to get started on my background.... it still needs work here are a couple of pics

Attachments

• IMG_1364.jpg
    IMG_1364.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1342.jpg
    IMG_1342.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1433.jpg
    IMG_1433.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1504.jpg
    IMG_1504.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 109
Wow that's amazing!! Ever think of making a bussiness out of it? I guess not much in demand :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back