My Beardie Story - DIAL UP WARNING

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Timotei

Reaction score
Here's the story of my 2 Western Dwarf Beardies:

1-2.jpg

Here's Puff, the male,

1-7.jpg

s4.jpg

Here's 2 pics of Saphira, the female,

1-3.jpg

Here's their viv,

gravid.jpg

A little while ago I noticed Saphira was gravid,

2-6.jpg

Then she laid,

1-8.jpg

Here's the incubator, lid on,

4-3.jpg

Here's the incubator, lid off, before the eggs

3-5.jpg

Then I moved the eggs into the incubator, and they were too dehydrated,

a.jpg

Then I added a lot of water, and they became too wet,

1-5.jpg

Then i extracted the water and added more vermiculite, hopefully they're alrite now.

2-3.jpg

2-4.jpg

These are my past candling attempts.

3-4.jpg

Can anyone explain this black spot for me ?? It's NOT a shadow, i know it looks lyk one in this picture, it is only visible when candling so is on the inside of the egg.

I'm expecting them to hatch btwn the 10th and the 20th of December!

u must be one of the only people i know that has a western dawf beardie

eggs are all good, that is the developing embryo you can see, try to leave the eggs alone if you can, patience is needed.

Well thats reassuring about the embryo :)

Yeh, the government over here recognises them as Pogona minor minor which is technically the Western Dwarf Bearded Dragon, then calls them a Western Bearded Dragon (which is Pogona minor minima. You may not think that it would matter, but it really does, there are some pretty big differences between the two subspecies.

The law in WA doesnt permit keeper-to-keeper dealing, you need to either go through a dealer or get a dealer's license yourself (the licensing system was only introduced in 2003, its still adapting). Besides, im not sure wat they wld think of interstate trading.

Yeh i got the idea for the water around the container from a pet store owner over here, it makes it a lot easier because aquarium heaters are much cheaper than heat cord.

Well, we cld still work something out :) We can do a transfer via a dealer... whereabouts in perth are u ? North or south of the river ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back