My Birthday Prezzie arrived today

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What strange looking cats!

Does anyone know if the rex gene is like the one in rats? (and possibly other species?)

It is actually 2 genes rex1 and rex 2 which are recessive genes, and the mutation turns up in other animals such as rabbits mice and horses wild and domestic.

It is actually 2 genes rex1 and rex 2 which are recessive genes, and the mutation turns up in other animals such as rabbits mice and horses wild and domestic.

The rex gene in rats and mice is dominant.

Are you saying the rex1 and rex2 thing is for cats?

The REX gene in cats is recessive so it is a different gene in Devon and Cornish . I do not have knowledge of the gene in Selkirk rex cats as they were not in Australia when i was breeding Cornish Rex cats. A Cornish rex when mated to a domestic shorthair will only produce straight hair kittens all carrying the rex gene .
Barry

Congratulations, uh, I guess. No offense, but they are the freakiest looking things I've ever seen. :shock:

Maybe its just me... :lol:

that second one ill have to admit actually has a tiny (i mean tiny lol) bit of cuteness! :D if your hearing that from me then you know you got cute cats ;) :p

theyre stunning, very very cute!

Happy Birthday Inkslinger.:) (for whenever it is)

Are they supposed to look like they just got back from the hair dressers with a fresh perm? XD

jebus these are weird as looking, they look like they are cashmere or something and some sorta cross between a dog and a cat with a huge head lol. give me a lil fuzzy fluffy mungrul of a cat for 40 bux any day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back