My First Attempt at Making an Enclosure.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

white_tiger

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Well so far I think my first attempt at building a new enclosure is going great, I just need to have glass sliding doors made up, fine tune the electrics and decorate, then I should be close to finished. As you can see the tenant already wants in. :D

Attachments

• 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 194
  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 238
Looks good mate.

Although if you have the time/patience and are a bit artsy I reckon you should go over the orange clay looking colour with some darker colours and would add some branches (if you weren't going to)

Other than that, good work

Looks good. I like the half ledge and the gap under. I agree with SamNabz, about going over with some darker colours and adding a branch, just to improve a bit on an already fantastic job.

Looks fantastic! Share your methods/techniques and materials pleeease?

The only issue I can see is how hard is it going to be to clean under the ledge when your snakes poops there?

Thanks for your comments and ideas everyone. Plan on putting branches and other bits and pieces in the enclosure.
With regards to colour, you cant tell to well in the pics but it sort of has light and dark terracota, like say the canyons would look.
With regards to the cleaning under the ledge, I made sure I could get in there well enough to be able to clean. I'd say she will grow fast so she wont be in there for too long, this was just an experiment to see if all worked well. I plan to put more effort and art work into my next enclosure. Also I primed then coated the cement with waterproofing (a few coats) and through sand on before it dryed then coated with Bondall Terratite from Bunnings. Anyway thanks again, I will post pics when all finished, I have a guy giving me a price on glass sliding doors tomorrow, so not too much longer.

Looks great for a first time, I tend to build rectangular boxes with no features.

No features is not a bad idea cause getting the snake out would be a lot easier as they have nothing to wrap themselves around. I don't plan on putting to many thing for her to grab onto in the enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back