My first bearded dragon is home!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahScales

Reaction score
Hello there!

So after looking for a while about getting myself a bearded dragon, I've finally come across a great little fellow that I absolutely adore (Thanks Meksy!).

After posting an advertisement here about looking for a companion beardie and struggling with the prospect of bringing a lovely boy interstate, I was finally lucky enough to come across Bruce.

And I love him with his one eye, a couple of toes missing and all.

I was hesitant about driving out to 'meet' him as I had been to see a string of dragons who were completely wrong for me (gorgeous! But flighty and nervous), I just wanted a companion to sit at my desk with me whilst I work and game. But I am so glad I did, the people I purchased him off were absolutely lovely and Bruce is perfect. He sits quite happily with me when ever I am at my desk, he comes for drives during the day (loving basking on my passenger seat) and sits out on the lawn for a few hours every day whilst I spend time in the garden. He is wonderful, I couldn't have asked for a better little buddy.

Enjoying the sun whilst my partner went in to vote:
2s8s8iv.jpg

When I first met him, showing my family at home:
r1bjfd.jpg

Enjoying sitting with me whilst we wait for my parents homing pigeons to arrive:
15db909.jpg

Having a snack in the car whilst we drive up to the reptile store in Narellen:
rvykvm.jpg

I hope I'm not stressing him out by taking him around with me, but he doesn't seem to mind and always lifts his chin for a good bask in the car.

Anywho! This is my new World of Warcraft companion lizard, and I couldn't ask for anything more.

Fantastic news and what a stunning addition. Here's hoping you two provide years of entertainment for each other

Thanks guys :) Im so excited to finally have him! You don't think he'll be stressed travelling around with me?

Nah they are really chilled pets. he is a very lucky dragon getting to see the world like that.. mightn not like it in winter but i think if there was more owners like you there would be alot more happy dragons. good on ya.. :D

Congrats on the edition. My young beardie always comes to the front of the enclosure when my sons (18mths and 3) get close. Very inquisitive they are and most are calm and enjoy lazing around with you

He's awesome, congrats. And a beardie has to be better than a snake when playing a game like WoW. One of my snakes killed me in D3 the other night because he decided to coil down my arm and onto my mouse! I refuse to have him out while I PvP in WoW for this reason. He just has to be where the action is. I already get into some pretty awesome nerd-rages without a snake causing one rofl. :lol:

he is gorgeous but you better check the conditions on your license, i think you will find your not allowed to take him out of the house except to and from the vets, you can be fined if a ranger happens to see you or someone reports seeing a BD in your car

he is gorgeous but you better check the conditions on your license, i think you will find your not allowed to take him out of the house except to and from the vets, you can be fined if a ranger happens to see you or someone reports seeing a BD in your car

very true Jeannine! be careful with that, i dont think any states lets you take them around.

Gotta keep an eye out for those rangers cruising around in their.... wait i dont think i have ever seen one :p I highly doubt you would ever get caught :)

Beautiful! Looks so chill in the car haha, lucky you!

Hmm! I didn't know that, about the rangers. It's funny, because he would easily be less dangerous than some of the dogs I see out and about on the back of utes.

I think it should be okay, if a ranger manages to spot him on my passenger side car seat whilst I'm driving, they've earned that fine :p

Haha and Ive found he is a great wow companion, he's so sleepy by the time evening comes around that he just sits on my lap and enjoys the warm.

its not only rangers, if someone walking by spots him they 'might' assume you have taken him from the wild and they can take your rego down and ring the NPWS and report you

but if you want to take the chance then go for it, but it could cost you a fine and they could take him from you because you are breaching your license rules so is it really worth the risk?

Every time u have him out you are
a) going to the vet
B) someone is interested in buying so going to meet at a mutual location

Simple as that

I guess he'll have to stay at home in future trips around town! I want him to be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back