My First Invert

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kevyn

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I got my first invert today, a beautiful 3 month old Chillian Rosey Hair Tarantula. It was a late Xmas gift from my wonderful wife. I'd post pics but we lent our digital to our friends who just had a baby. Like that's a big deal. :wink:

hummmmmm hairy bugs....big **** spiders are cool...freind in the USA has red knee's

Dare I ask how big it is? lol :D

cool, sounds about the size of bird eaters ive seen here. Not really my kind of pet though, more of a showpeice?

only after alot of red wine! :p

I'm sure they could...Just get out the mortein :D

you and your friend should should introduce your new members of the family to each other

They don't get all that big, not like the Goliath Birdeaters; they get the size of dinner plates-maybe one day. No I don't think I'll be doing introductions. My dog Che would just want to play. He doesn't really understand venom.

kevyn how many herp do you have, and whats you fav....oh did your wife agree to get the Bitus?

Right now I have 14 herps-13 snakes and 1 green iguana. Ya I can get the Bitis, but I'm making myself one with a grab stick before I get it though. I know they are mellow but better safe than sorry. There is like no antivenin here.

Oh ya I've got another 4 snakes on the way. Then a few in the spring from Malaysia. I forgot. Need to build more enclosures and racks...

Oh ya may fav has got to be my normal het for albino male burm. He was my first burm and ever since I was a kid I've wanted burms. I love my temple viper too.

sound like pritty cool herp I would like a gabboon

I love gabbys. They are really intimidating though. They hiss so loud, but most of the time it's a bluff. But when they realine those jaws and you see the size of those fangs. The fangs are just huge-as I'm sure you know. The venom is brutal too, they are I snake I have alot of respect for. But I love the bitis- I hope to work with Puff Adders one day too and Rhinos. I'll post a picture of the gabby in a sec here.

kevyn said:
I love gabbys. They are really intimidating though. They hiss so loud, but most of the time it's a bluff. But when they realine those jaws and you see the size of those fangs. The fangs are just huge-as I'm sure you know. The venom is brutal too, they are I snake I have alot of respect for. But I love the bitis- I hope to work with Puff Adders one day too and Rhinos. I'll post a picture of the gabby in a sec here.

so you like the venomous ones so do I but I had to get rid of them, loving away from home with inquistive house mates...cant take the chance, but this year we are getting our own place then I will get venom herp back

Not sure if this is the right place but here's the Bitis Gabonica

jason_s_gabby.sized.jpg

Not the brightest colours but still pretty nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back