my herp shed/room/man cave - fully lined etc.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leighroyaus

Reaction score
well, i havent posted here for a while, been keeping quiet, not doing any new purchases and working on my man cave / reptile room.

After a heap of hard work, finally moved everything in on the weekend, so heres some pics, from start to finish (what i took pics of anyways, sorry for quality just iphone snaps)

Inside dimensions are 3.8mtr wide x 8mtr long.
fully insulated, reverse cycle for those hot summer days, ethernet/coaxal from the house + motion security on the doors.
still to be added is a bar fridge, couple of fake plants and some beer spillage

enjoy
ok so for the pics.

The wasted space that was to become - frame up.
IMG_0428.jpg

Walls up + window in door cut out.
IMG_0435.jpg

lets add some insulation
IMG_0504.jpg

Plaster up, wiring run
IMG_0562.jpg

time to paint
IMG_0574.jpg

add some tiles to make it feel that bit bigger
IMG_0606.jpg

Tiling done, power on, reverse cycle installed
IMG_0650.jpg

Spencers monitor moved in, tv/playstation wired up
IMG_0658.jpg

The back wall, 2x diamond, 2x bredli hypo, 2x womas, 1x olive
IMG_0661.jpg

and the computer/spence side, sliding door for entry
IMG_0662.jpg

and the finished product from the outside:
IMG_0686.jpg

oh, and just incase you where wondering how the snake cages are heated, 2x thermostats, 1 hooked up to a timer which i adjust according to season here & the other a night thermostat which i can run a night globe at in winter if needed.
IMG_0676.jpg
IMG_0678.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice, I wish I had the room for that. But I am considering building a new house which i'll have a triple garage for all my to be herps!

Mate that is sick. I am planning on converting the space under my house and you have given me A lot of ideas

That is a sick man cave!

But just one question, i can't see any kitchen facilities in there... So why is there a lady sitting on your man couch?

That is sweet! Got any new additions going in there? Your mrs will grow to loathe that shed.

That's awesome, my missus has told me I can have my own herp room when we get our house, so now I have something to aim at.

Just one thing, where is the bar?

:shock: that is awesome!!! I have just found my new granny-flat for my parents place!! :p
Great work, mate! very envious. Although, I'll have to agree with Gordo - what's the mrs doing in there :lol:

Thats awesome! :) Giving me ideas for my spare room and garage. God i wish i wasn't renting, only one power point in the garage and one in the spare room.... But one day.. lol

Very nice, I wish I had the room for that. But I am considering building a new house which i'll have a triple garage for all my to be herps!
Yeah, it was cheaper for me to do it this way, plus i could do alot myself, the colourbond shed actually reflects a incredible amount of heat, once the plaster was up it was amazing how cool it actually was in here on a 40deg day. but now the reverse cycles in here it just gives that peace of mind.

That is sweet! Got any new additions going in there? Your mrs will grow to loathe that shed.
yeh, new additions to come, going to put a tall cage between the tv + monitor aquarium cut in half, with a pair of greens in it.
that will be the next thing to do anyways, after a beer fridge and a bar goes in next to computer

That's awesome, my missus has told me I can have my own herp room when we get our house, so now I have something to aim at.

Just one thing, where is the bar?

haha. the bar is coming!, just wanted to get all this stuff in first out of the house, bar is a job for this weekend

hahaha, poor wife was exhausted after helping me lug everything in here. ......... after she finished mopping the floors.

Last edited:
That is a sick man cave!

But just one question, i can't see any kitchen facilities in there... So why is there a lady sitting on your man couch?

Some blokes like to triple their IQ by having a woman present Gordo, you should try it sometime: )

Thats a great set up. You will never have to leave once the bar fridge is in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back