My Incubator method for GTP eggs Trial one.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffa

Reaction score
This is my trial attempt at an incubator as regular members have discouraged me from using a pre bought model.
Usind a styrophoam box with water and stainless steel racks with a 15 watt heat chord intertwined with tupperware lids and box. (i bought a eco tech advance reptile therostat digital) which does not work. (replacement underway). which is why I am experimenting, so please give critiscisim and advice to help me. I have also attached a reptile one temp reading to give an additional reading.

By the way the this is the two that I am pairing this season (native gtps).

Thanks for advice in advance.

Cheers.

IMG_4703.JPG IMG_4704.JPG IMG_4705.JPG IMG_20130508_174418.jpg

I had to take back 2 Eco tech thermostats and got my money back ..... One died during the night , it was only 3 hrs old ... The other wouldn't keep the temp .... Set at 31 but would go up to 38 ... With GTP I would get a thermostat that was reliable .

Thanks PP.
Not a good sign when you plug in the eco tech and it shows no display or anything.
I hooked up my original Rainbow dial thermostat and also used a reptile one thermometer and it gave an acurate reading after about half an hour. But took me a while to get the exact temp reading right. It stayed consistent during the night but I would really like a digital thermostat so I can get the exact temp as quick as possible. Any good digital ones you recommend?

Cheers
Jeff

Definitely get a pulse thermostat for an incubator rather than on/off. I've found habistat just as good as any

I would use a old bar fridge with a microclimate or habistat if i were doing GTP eggs. you will make the money back 10 fold with your first clutch.. if you lose a clutch due to dodgy incubation it will cost you like 8 grand.. ouch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back