my indian ring necked parrot

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DA_GRIZ

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey all

on my birthday i went out and bought my self a cage and a 9 week old indian ring necked parrot

he is now 14 or 15 weeks old and bites pretty hard

Attachments

• 100_2499.JPG
    100_2499.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 145
Beatiful looking bird Griz :D
I use to hav 1 that looks exactly like him, but he got killed by the female in the same cage :(
**DO NOT PUT FEMALES IN SAME CAGE UNTILL MATING SEASON!!!**

Cute little fella :) Ringnecks do tend to go through a 'terrible two's' time where they become rather aggressive. Keep handling it every day and it will grow out of that stage. Here is some pics of a few of our Ringnecks....

Sky Blue Hen
skybluefemale.jpg

Olive Hen
olivehen.jpg

Lutino Pair
lutinomaleandfemale.jpg

Grey/Cinnamon male and Grey hen
greyplitcinmalegreyhen.jpg

Green Pair
greenirnparents.jpg

Cinnamon/Blue Hen
cinslitbluhen.jpg

Blue/Albino male
bluesplitalbinomale.jpg

Blue hen
bluehen.jpg

Cheers
Shane
PS the "/" symbol means "split to"

wow nice ring necks mate

do u breed them i want to get a blue or latino one

Yeah we do breed them. We are currently working out pairings for next year and we will have blues and lutinos. We currently only have 5 green hand raised babies left.

Gorgeous IRNs nightowl. Has your sky blue got pink eyes? I have nearly finished with 4 [ handrearing ] and 1 is the same colour, being very pale blue with a whitish head but it has pink eyes and legs. Da Griz, IRNs go thru a phase called bluffing. See http://www.indianringneck.com/bluffing/ Just ignore him and keep up the handling. He will grow out of it.

hey all

on my birthday i went out and bought my self a cage and a 9 week old indian ring necked parrot

he is now 14 or 15 weeks old and bites pretty hard

Please,Please get rid of that plastic perch and put in natural branches(Eucalypt,wattle)Cute bird.

i will be he's out grown his cage almost so he will have a cocky cage with natural branches

Gorgeous IRNs nightowl. Has your sky blue got pink eyes? I have nearly finished with 4 [ handrearing ] and 1 is the same colour, being very pale blue with a whitish head but it has pink eyes and legs. Da Griz, IRNs go thru a phase called bluffing. See http://www.indianringneck.com/bluffing/ Just ignore him and keep up the handling. He will grow out of it.

Not sure about the pink eyes, kakariki. My girlfriend is into the birds mainly and I have my reptiles! :lol: I'll have a look though. The only birds I own are a pair of Eclectus Parrots and my girlfriend has the IRN's, Rainbows, Sun Conures, Galahs, Green Cheeks and Cockatiels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back