My jungle enclosure.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelton22

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Does this look alright for a Juvie jungle enclosure?
its 45x45x60 Exo terra and has a 75 watt heat light on the top attached to a dimmer thermostat (the probe is would be a bit lower). I have another thermometer and hygrometer on the left next to to the leaves and a large water dish behind the branch on the left.
Is this okay? Am I missing anything other than my snake?
Sorry for quality, I had to take it with my phone.
thanks.

Edit: i dont know why the pic is on its side..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 113
Just a couple of tips I would put forward, move the water out from under the branches or everytime it craps it`ll probably land in its water. Check temps where the snake will most likley bask, you may have to reconfigure the branches to give a bask site either closer to the light or more directly under it? Lastly be prepared for some fun trying to get your snake out with all those plants and stuff, it will wrap around them trying to avoid being picked up. This will most likely lead to a stressed,cranky snake and a stressed keeper with lots of little holes in their hands :D.

On the up side, nice job, looks great and the foliage will give it plenty of hiding places. Cant wait to see the snake in there! Well done.

+1 to what Norm said, otherwise that is an ideal enclosure! Your little jungle will love it in there! I can't wait to see the snake :D

Thanks for the tips norm, ive been moving things around most days to get the branch in a higher spot. ive tested all the temps and humdity for about 2 days straight and its all stayed perfectly balanced (i was stoked it worked the first time).
Thanks everyone.

You`ve done a great job for a first time Kelton, it will make a really nice display cage. I`m even excited about you getting that snake, I can`t wait!

Gorgeous enclosure mate. The jungle will just top it off!
cant wait for pics to make me jealous! Oh and the bonus is that because it's for a Juvie, when you move the snake into something bigger, you'll have a spare enclosure... Hint hint

Thanks banana. You read my mind, was thinking of a rough scaled further down the road :)
It's my first snake so I was praying I hadn't done it all wrong! Thanks for the input everyone, this forum has been an awesome help for a newbie like me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back