My last say on all of this .

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry to hear that so many animals will go to waste, but I'm glad to hear you're taking no risks. IMHO, this is the only way to eliminate any chance of passing on CVE. The fact is we know very little about OPMV and similar viruses and I don't think it's out of the question that some animals may act as carriers only, and never show syptoms.

I offer my condolences to you, luke. I also thank you for taking what I feel are the neccessary actions, It's definitely not an easy thing to do. Good luck in the future, I hope you have better luck when you start again.

I would want a 100% "confirmation" that their is a virus in your collection before euthanising. Good luck with it and wish you the best in the future...

Wow thats pretty damn heavy. I can only applaud you for putting yourself through this to help prevent the spread of this terrible disease.

dude. dont euthinse the collection. isolate it for 12-18 months instead

Considering the euthanising of his entire collection will also mean the loss of the calico stimson python morpth (If he hasn't sold it or someone else has the same line) and the loss of alot of other valuable pythons, I for one cannot see how anyone could ask someone to put all their animals down. I'm not sure but I'm guessing that testing all of your animals would be more cost effective then just putting them down. Why wouldn't you do that?

Wow this is tragic, my suggestion would be to maybe euthanise several animals of varying genus and have them tested for said diseases. Maybe donate some to Fransiscus at Healesville sanctuary to allow him to continue with his testing of cultures etc. Dependent of the results then make your final decision. I wish you luck Luke

wishing all the best with your decision making , try not to think to drastic at 1st .

Wow this is tragic, my suggestion would be to maybe euthanise several animals of varying genus and have them tested for said diseases. Maybe donate some to Fransiscus at Healesville sanctuary to allow him to continue with his testing of cultures etc. Dependent of the results then make your final decision. I wish you luck Luke
You must remember that It is thought that the disease can lay dormant for many years, so keeping the animals is pretty risky even if they are thought to be clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back