My Mary River hatchlings arrived today! (Picture)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdestiny

Reaction score
This afternoon I picked up my two cute little Mary River hatchlings. They are from Craig and Gabrielle's first Mary River clutch, and as you know many of their fellow hatchlings will be released into the wild, Australia's first endangered, privately bred hatchlings to be released into the wild!
Hopefully these two will turn out to be one male, one female.
The picture is on the ramp of their 4 foot tank before they headed for the water. The whiteout on one of them is so I can tell them apart.
Thanks Craig and Gabrielle and AFTCRA!

Attachments

• DSCN4826.JPG
    DSCN4826.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 93
This afternoon I picked up my two cute little Mary River hatchlings. They are from Craig and Gabrielle's first Mary River clutch, and as you know many of their fellow hatchlings will be released into the wild, Australia's first endangered, privately bred hatchlings to be released into the wild!
Hopefully these two will turn out to be one male, one female.
The picture is on the ramp of their 4 foot tank before they headed for the water. The whiteout on one of them is so I can tell them apart.
Thanks Craig and Gabrielle and AFTCRA!

Hey Allan,

Glad you're happy with them! Thanks for the Photo! They really are an awesome monotypic species! One of the most intelligent turtle species in Australia!

Cheers,
Craig

Good stuff Allan, they look great.

Craig and Gab sure are great people.

cheers and thanks for sharing

All our Turtles can breathe through their bums.
The Fitzroy river turtle however is especially good at it :)

fitzroy turtle = mary river turtle yes?

no, they are a different genus but i they are similar in that they dont breathe air much and are very hard to see/find in the wild since they are so shy and spend alot of time under water breathing through their cloaca.

This might be a dumb question, but what makes them a differant genus from each other?

They are excellent, then again any turtle is terrific. Its amazing these are the first captive bred turtles and you have a piece of history. Congrats out to Craig on a fantastic job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back