My new baby. Sothern angle-head

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keliculus

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I picked up the newest edition to the family today a 7-8 month old southern angle-headed dragon. It's so cute I was instantly in love
DSC01248.jpg

DSC01249.jpg

DSC01254.jpg

I'm not sure if it's a male or female, the guy I got it from originally thought it was a female but thinks it might now be a male, if anyone could tell me I would greatly appreciate it :) He was a really nice guy and even gave me a bucket of free snails for my bluey

This is the tank I have it in temporarily until I get the 2 foot high one I orderd set up waterfall and all
DSC01251.jpg

This was take just after I get home so theres no branches in there yet.

Once I find out for sure what sex this one is I am planning on getting a mate for it and breeding them, I have three friends that want babies already even though I have told them that will be at least a year away.

I have never kept angle heads before so if anyod has any tips or hint that would be great. I have been researching them and reading all the caresheets and info pages I could find but more info is always welcome

Thanks
Kelz

Wow quick response thanks guys.
I have the reptiles australia article open in front of me, thats actually where I first read about angles and thought they were great so I did a search on them and found someone 20 minutes from me seeling them.
Now I have to start thinking of a name...

Names.... Southy, Mad max, boof? They are great names lol.

I didn't ecxpect this little guy to be as active as he is, he's been wondering around around exploring his new home. I fed him for the first time a little while ago and he ate 3 crickets in 2 seconds flat, lol.
DSC01256.jpg

He seems much happier now he has some sticks to perch on
I still haven't decided on a name yet

100% male.
They are pretty easy to keep many people say they sulk if you move them from enclosure to enclosure but ive never had a problem with mine.

I had read about the sulking behaviour and expected this guy to do it because of the car journey and new tank, but he hasn't shown any sign of it and the breeder i bought him from said he had only ever had one do it just as he got it out of the encloure to show a potential buyer and it keeled over in his hand, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back