My new friend

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NoOne

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Say hello to a new friend of mine that fell out of some logs that came from sydney. Shes a champ :D
Sorry about the pic i'll get a better one tonight.

Not sure where the logs came from, she could be a Sydney funnel web or a blue mountains funnel web. I'd say it's a sydney FW.

NoOne,
What will happen with your new "friend". I am betting she is a real hottie in the spider world, still trying to appreciate the appeal of spiders. :lol:
As it has been identified as a funnel web, and a Sydney one at that, is there any distinguishing features among funnel webs besides their locale?
Regards Rina

Ha haha ha i thought the pic was a crab at first!!!!
i was going to say how did it survive

can she tango? You know it takes 2 to tango........

Oooh, be careful No one :shock: , they are very aggressive and have very toxic venom. I'm a spider lover too and keep many spiders, but wouldn't keep those (I have toddlers). The FW like grasshoppers and mealworms, and enjoy the occaisonal pinkie, just watch those fingers, and use tweezers! They don't jump, but I have had them lunge right at me!! They don't back down like other spiders.

~N

Yeah i know what they are capable of, i've kept them before(after visting a central coast herper) but i released them (where i found them) due to lack of room.
Mate if you think i'm gonna handle it your way off base :shock: , thats what 25cm tweezers are for. :)
I still laugh when people say they can jump 6ft in the air and they will chase you.
She's settling down well, i only got this moring and she got a nice web going already.
I'll post a new pic when the batteries in my camera are charged.

Be really intresting to see some mpg video of the actual web making (speeded up and edited of course for dialup users). Am i wrong in thinking they "squirt" out their wastematter as fliud? Have watched a spider do this before. :)

LOL, No One, I'm glad you have looong tweezers. :twisted:

Yes, the 6 foot jump, is similar to the carpets breeding with elapids myth :roll:

A couple more, they don't seem to be very clear on my computer but they are perfect on the camera. :?

im with reg but each to there own.

Mate they are cool, this one isn't a big girl but it would have fangs 7mm long already.
It looks so cool when they stand up at you :)

I read somewhere that they are a real problem with people with swimming pools. Apparently they can stay at the bottom after they fall in for upto 20 hrs. Then if you step on it while swimming, or pick it up thinking it's dead your in big trouble! I was going to suggest you post it to Byrony, as she seem to be the spider nut around here, but then I read she thought it was a bloody CRAB!! What the Byrony??? what the???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back