My new friend

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are excellent pics No-one, how cool is that! did you shoot through glass? theres no reflection at all, like i said ,excellent. Freaky creatures arnt they, no wonder 50's B grade sci-fi loved them. :)

Did the pics come out alright? they weren't very clear on my computer.

I just put the camera as close as possible and used the zoom.

from a distance on the first pic BEFORE you enlarge it it looked like a crab

CALL HER FANGLES

Bryony said:
from a distance on the first pic BEFORE you enlarge it it looked like a crab

CALL HER FANGLES

How great a distance? we talkin from like a few houses down? :D
The substrate did detract a little from him/her in the first pic.....But a crab? ? :shock: Put that wacky baccy cigarette out girl. :lol: :lol:

NoOne said:
Did the pics come out alright? they weren't very clear on my computer.

I just put the camera as close as possible and used the zoom.

You must have a pretty good diggi then mate, very nice pics. I love great pics of any wildlife at all. Can I have your permission to save myself a copy of the 2nd image?, just to put in my personal albums disc, Never to be used online.) I liked that one best. I have about 20 disc of wildlife images, both taken with permissions from the web and stuff sent to me etc, its a hobby.
Cheers.

I've seen a FW and a red back really really really close up but it was on a gear change thingo in a car. It looked GREAT encased in perspex. :shock:
lol - If it was enclosed in escapeproof padlocked armoured security cages - I'd like 1.

Em :twisted:

Yeah Instar go for your life, i don't mind.

I think i'm goona call her......... try and bite my bloody hand off when all i'm trying to do is feed you. :)

Cause the only ones avail are native, and (hopefully) captive bred ?

What's wrong with spiders?
Dogs.... now they are scary, never seen a spider rip a persons throat out.
The reason no licence is required is because then spiders would have to be protected fauna, can you imagine the average house wife voting for the polly who voted that law in?

I love it LOL what is the difference between captive bred and wild caught spider ( and please excuse my ignorance) - can you tame a captive bred funnel web more easily LOL

Nothing wrong with spiders, except when they're in a foreign environment (like on your back, in your hair, or web on your face). :shock:

And Moose, I don't care what anybody says - I wouldn't trust a 'tame' funnelweb anymore than I'd trust a 'tame' pitbull. Or an Eastern Brown. :roll:

Hix

moosenoose said:
I love it LOL what is the difference between captive bred and wild caught spider ( and please excuse my ignorance) - can you tame a captive bred funnel web more easily LOL

:oops: Well, I spose I mean, that id be happier beleiving petshop animals of any species were captive bred than plucked from their wild enviroment, just on normal conservation grounds. As for being Native, it wasmy (bold) assumption that quarantine authorities wouldnt allow import of foreign insect arachnid or similar to Australia.

Dont know if there is any impact on wild spider species, not sure if any research has ever been done in depth if at all, just think, if its in the wild, leave it in the wild, and they will always be..."In the wild"! lol
As for "Tame", Mate, you can teach 'em to sit up and beg for flys! Crikey! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, That goes without saying mate. They do a great job producing venom from heaps of funnelwebs to used to create antivenom serum. Sydney Funnelwebs Have caused deaths, Im glad ARP and other organisations do so and continue to do so.

I have never seen funnelwebs in petshops though, I was refering more to bird eaters etc that are sold. (i.e CB or WC) lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back