Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is nothing wrong with having a Green Tree Snake as a first snake, they are no more difficult to keep than pythons except for their dietary requirements (e.g. being mostly frog and fish eaters). People make them sound a lot harder than what they actually are.

I agree
GTS was my first snake....... I must admit this website provided much education about its care, all research that took a day.

I think a lot if what's suggested for handling of this snake is intuitive for any flighty animal, assuming you are able to properly empathize with its feelings in the moment.

And with the expertise of many on this site, I think a GTS is not so bad a first snake.........
im lucky I can feed geckos to mine currently.... Mice next if I move away from gecko heaven.

Hi everyone :) I just wanted to quickly update to all you guys who helped and gave me a boost of confidence with my first snake. I am thrilled to say that I have now had him for 3 months and the fear is completely gone :). I handle him daily and he loves walks in the sun and enjoys the morning fresh air while I have my cuppa each day. I must say, without this site I would never have gained the confidence in him and persisted so hard to get over my fear.
He is also eating very well and with his eyes turning blue, I am expecting his first shed any day now :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back