my new lace monitor

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeh i already knew about handling it less but it was handled everyday from the previous owner so i thought i would carry it on so it doesnt feel neglected if u know wat i mean jeremy i understand both sides of the storys and in my own words its an animal they all have there own personality and anything or anyone can snap at anytime

I was talking to the OP as far as the seller giving him basic husbandry advice not you snake_boy..

Like I said, it can work...but you are better off building the monitors trust and letting it be handled on its terms. Forced handling has the very real potential to create more distrust and skittish/fearful behaviour which in turn can make a dangerous animal to work with down the track once it has some size and confidence to it... Haven't got time to elaborate more sorry, best of luck with it.

I was talking to the OP as far as the seller giving him basic husbandry advice not you snake_boy..

Like I said, it can work...but you are better off building the monitors trust and letting it be handled on its terms. Forced handling has the very real potential to create more distrust and skittish/fearful behaviour which in turn can make a dangerous animal to work with down the track once it has some size and confidence to it... Haven't got time to elaborate more sorry, best of luck with it.

yeh thanx mate will have to try things i suppose time can onli tell but yes i wont be handling him much just once everyday/every couple of days if he runs i will leave him if he lets me pick him up i will play but i will make sure not to handle too much i put my face near the glass and he looks at me and just cruises the cage still like nothing is bothering him

thats awesome, lovin the blue tinge, i got a hatchy spencers about 3 weeks ago and all he does is hiss at me and whip his tail at me, but keeping handling down to a very minimum so far, he has sorta let me touch him a few times without hissing but thats about it, good luck to ya mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back