My new most hated animal

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my most hated animal is also a bird and its the myna bird. lucky in aus they are a pest and im allowed to kill them with my slingshot/air rifle/.22 cal and compound bow

my most hated animal is also a bird and its the myna bird. lucky in aus they are a pest and im allowed to kill them with my slingshot/air rifle/.22 cal and compound bow

Unfortunately there aren't that many where you are able to legally use those items.

I dont even notice them these days, the neighbours of course claim I introduced them to the area along with all the other wildlife as there wasn't any around before I moved here. They even rang NPWS and the council.
If you know which tree it is set the hose up so that you can go out and squirt the tree. It will fly off. This always worked for me.
We back onto bushland so there are a lot of trees there :/
The magpies and crows do a good job of stopping them from roosting for long, but they always come back.

Im a bit of a bird nerd and spotted a pair of cuckoos a few days ago.fortunately havent heard them near our place though.they sound like buzz saws! apart from the cacophany of frogs outside,we hear plovers all the time.

Anyone know when they leave Australia to migrate to Indonesia? Ive read February, so just one more month of this torture. Seriously, its so bad that Ive asked my mum to change our trip plans from Mackay to Melbourne so I can get out of the geographical range of the cuckoos.

Come on bro...Their is no possible way you can hate these things more than ticks...Not buying it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.