My new Shiv

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuscus

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
In the ironically named sunshine coast, surrounded
Brought a new diving knife a while back. Nasty little brute too, flat covered in a black teflon type substance and comes with a pancake pouch that is patdown resistant, not that that matters because I don't do those things anymore and I only intend to use it for diving.

Which leads in to the core of this post, my first dive with my new toy, along the southport seaway. I hadn't been in the water for more than a couple of minutes when I saw it,
a loggerhead turtle.

The knife quietly slid out of its scarrab as I dove towards the turtle, she saw me coming and tried to escape but I was easly able to grab the turtle by the shell coller with my right hand and with the knife in my left hand I cut the turtle...

...free of the fishing line that was holding it down and would have drowned it.

The turtle showed its appriciation by swimming of quickly, only pausing breifly to deficate in my general direction.

That is so cool Fuscus. If you have any spare dive gear let me know next time you go. I haven't been diving in years, I miss it so much!!!!!! Would love to be your dive buddy!!!

For a moment i thought you were going to say as you were diving down to it ur knife came loose and got the poor thing through the back :lol: ....but alas, I was wrong :D Nice story Fuscus :D

I have read that loggerheads are fairly common in that area. How many dives have you done there??? PM me if you need that dive buddy.

Adam - I often dive at the seaway, its the fall back dive. There seems to be about three turtles resident there and can often be seen near the south wall a couple of hundred meters west of the airsea rescue tower. Generally I walk to as close to the entrance as the conditions allow and drift back.
There are also nesting sites north of tos

That is about what I have read. I would be very keen to see it instead of reading about it. Just that dive hire is to expensive up here and I have no dive buddy. Never really liked diving with a total stranger either. But seeing as how we have chatted on here for 3 years, well it makes up for that!! LOL

Good work, good to see you back on the site too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back