My new Baby Shingleback + Custom Enclosure- Pic Heavy

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol she is a little guts always making a pig of herself. She must be happy indeed!

Dont spoil her too much Liz she might end up getting over weight lol! Great shot with her tongue out by the way.. I was trying for ages the other night to get a shot with her tongue out..

LOL guess she just saw the camera and decided to pose. Theres another one we got where J had the camera trying to take a picture from her back towards her head, you can see her pupil flicked backwards, very clearly looking back over her shoulder towards the camera.

Hehe Its okay Nam, I'll be careful, Z lives mainly on fruit with the occasional bokchoy leaf (definitely not his favorite, but I put them on top so he has to eat through them to get to the fruit and meat) and now I can split a hardboiled egg between them and throw in the occasional pinky when shes bigger (Z gets 1 every month or two)

Thanks Melgalea, good advice :) it is 2ft high, an absolute cavern for such a little critter. Theres a big gap about a foot wide at the back where the light lays, hopefully the humidity will escape through that. But our place can get very hot during the day, and the tanks are wood, so I need to err on the side of caution.

I can feel the joy of another new mother hehe. Tiri, you must be absolutely stoked (as I would be). You have an absolutely cracking setup by the way. I love seeing awesome pics like that to feed my own inspiration...
Congrats to you on such a beautiful purchase - Nam's looked after you big times.
Cheers,
Nic

That is just sooooooo fantastic!! Has she got a name yet? Shingles really do remind me of little puppy dogs!!! I have a friend who has a male and female, and they're always begging to come out of their tank for a cuddle! I also shove my bluetongue in there with them (when I'm over my friends place with the bluetongue that is) and they all just curl up together happy as anything!

Aww hehe thanks Nic! When my partner and I decide to start a hobby, we dont mess around! Best of luck with your own little critters :D

Took us about 7 months to save up for that tank, but its well worth it :)

If anyone is interested- here are the builders details. It took him only 2 weeks to build this for us and even offered delivery.

G & J Maher
Aquarium Furniture
1154 South Pine Rd, ARANA HILLS, QLD, 4054
Phone (07) 3351 6153

LOL Thanks Jasper, thats adorable.. She's only 1/4 the age of my big ole bluey, He's 2 and shes only 6 months. I probably wont leave them together until shes a bit bigger.

Oh my, I didnt post her name? oops XD

We called her Honey.. its a bit lame but seems to fit her nicely.. She is, truthfully, very sweet. But we called her Honey, short for Honeycomb, because shes such a chocolatey brown with gold flecks all over her.

can you take a photo of closeup to where there heat and uv bulbs are.. im designing my new enclosures for my bredli, bluey, and beardie. i was wondering in the top section where the bulbs are kept is there any ventilation so that the hot air can escape or do you just have the one ventilation slot on the side per tank..

or did you build that box at the top just to shield all the wires etc.????

CAN YOU HELP????

Jimmy, take a close look at the photos Ive got up, thats probably the best I can do without pulling it all away from the wall.. and believe me, 6ft of solid wood weighs a TON!

Basically, theres a ledge protruding into the backs of the tanks, with stapled down fine chicken wire (good for the escape of hot air and extra ventilation) that is what the long uv light rests on. The grey mesh cages you see drop down from holes cut in the wood, the ceramic heat coils will sit inside them.

And yes, we asked for the ledge specifically for the wires etc to sit behind. The idea was to make it a functional presentation peice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back