My new Baby Shingleback + Custom Enclosure- Pic Heavy

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tirilia

Reaction score
Howdy folks,

Just picked up the newest member of the family, freighted very safely by the AAE from Adelaide to Brisbane.

She's 6 months old, Bred by Nam :) Thanks so much Nam, she's stunning.

I opened the freight box and this is what I saw:
firstsight.jpg

First cuddles.. I think she took to me XD
justhome.jpg

Her brand new appartment
appartment.jpg

Her handsome neighbour, Zero the 2yr old Blue Tongue
appartment2.jpg

So the set up is like this
Neighbours.jpg

With our two Pygmy Beardies upstairs... dont mind the right hand water dish, we only fill it an inch because she dives into it from her log and splashes it Everywhere! And the one on the left just pulled his nose out of his lunch
Neighbours2.jpg

The whole custom enclosure- aka the appartment block
shangralalizards.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the photos!

how tall is each "apartment". i was thinking converting a cabinet for my centrals. but i thought that maybe 3ft high might be too tall...

WOW your enclosure is beautiful Liz! Im so glad Honey went to a great home!

Looks like she has settled in very nicely. Very happy!!!

Cheers

Nam

how tall is each "apartment". i was thinking converting a cabinet for my centrals. but i thought that maybe 3ft high might be too tall...
very nice enclosures btw.
sorry i didnt mentio it before. should have been the first thing i said lol.
love the branches youve got in there also.
where did you get them?

Your enslosures look stunning.

One piece of advice tho...shinglebacks hate humidity so I would remove the water bowl and only put it back in 1 or 2 times a week otherwise it may put the humidity in the enclosure up too much.

lovely lizards are beutiful enclosures

Hey Nam! Glad you enjoyed the photos! Hehe she's curled herself up between some of the vines and a ledge in the wood and has her eyes well and truly closed.. poor baby must be exhausted after her trip!

Costa- Each is 2ft x 2ft x 2ft. We're waiting until the dragons get a bit bigger before making more use of the height.. they have a tendancy to kamikazi dive from the highest spot -.-

The branches and logs etc were bought from the Stafford Pet Superstore here in Brisbane :)

Shane, it was completely custom made, the stain, the size, the positions of the heat cages etc. Cost us just short of $2000. Im happy to find the name of the builder for you if you like :)

Beat, thanks! and yes Im aware of that, thank you :) It was only in there for the time it took to take the photos mainly because she's just been on a long flight and we thought maybe she would like a few laps of water. It was taken out after two hours :)

Serpentor, the lights sit on a ledge up across the top, the heat cages were $100 each from again, Stafford Pet Superstore :) they are all rigged up with electronics etc, all that needs to be done is to plug in the heat coils.

And thanks Shari! :)

Aw what a good girl lol she's now climbed to the highest spot in her tank, the little platform right next to the heat cage, she fits on it perfectly XD

Well wow o_O shes already eating! I thought it would take her at least a few days to settle in.. apparently she's impressed with the quality of the service and 5 star food lol

Thanks Aussie :D

LOL Nam, are you sure shes a shingleback? I put some water back after she'd had a snack and devoured a half a grape, a peice of mango and 2 bits of banana... I just looked in on her again and she's got one foot in her water dish, lapping away at it. Most relaxed bub ever!

One of the best setups i have seen for a shingleback. Loving it! Loving the shingleback to !!! :D

hahah Thanks Eamonn :)

She's found a nook somewhere to dive into for a nap.. Im so happy she's settled in so quickly.. literally within hours of getting off a plane o_O

i kept shinglebacks for many years and i never ever took the water bowl away. as long as the enclosure is large enough and setup properly you shouldnt hav any humidity probs. your set ups look great, i would leave the water bowl in there. gorgeous little shingle too.
cheers
mel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back