My python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PATROLKING

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Help me understand my python please

Hi all, I'm New to the reptile keeping whilst I've done a heap of research into my choosen PYTHON (DIAMOND PYTHON ) I am wondering how often my PYTHON should poop in between feeding ,I feed her every Monday 1 x fuzzy rat I have only had her for 2 weeks the first time I feed her she poop 4 days later ,the 2nd time she pooped 3 days later and this mornin I seen she had pooped again is this normal.I know the tree phases of poop but the one this morning has no white poop just a bit of liquid and poop. Am I spinning out for no reason or is there a reason for this .any help or advice would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Last edited:
Being a fuzzy rat you might not see much white urite, digestive time can vary depending on outside temps increasing the cool end and maybe the hot end too increasing metabalism rate. Also the size of the rat could detrmine defecation times as a bigger meal takes more time to digest. hope this helps a little

My little fella usually goes about 3 days after eating, but there have been times where he's taken days longer, or even completely skipped a week and left a much larger present in his enclosure for me to clean up the next week. He also always passes his urates (white part) separately to the rest of his crap haha, sometimes as much as a day or two apart. You're not going to see them together every time your little critter goes, it's going to vary a little each time. Try to relax a little, what you've described isn't out of the ordinary :) breathe!

All of my snakes will pass the urite when shedding but wont defecate. They hold on till they shed then poop! My girl once shed and pooped all in one with the shed skin holding the poo inside. Thats was the easiest clean ive had!

Am I spinning out for no reason or is there a reason for this .any help or advice would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Yes you are spinning out for no reason.It will crap when it's ready.If you really want to see its crap feed it heaps.

Yes you are spinning out for no reason.It will crap when it's ready.If you really want to see its crap feed it heaps.

Yep. Can be a few days, can be a few weeks. You will look back on this thread in a year or so and shake your head...you'll wish it was little itty bitty again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks, I wasn't to worried about it crapping I was more concerned about it crapping twice in the one week as it only had one Fuzzy and done two poops ,I wasn't shore if I was stressing it out by handling it to much or something else, can you stress them out by handling them to much ?

Thanks, I wasn't to worried about it crapping I was more concerned about it crapping twice in the one week as it only had one Fuzzy and done two poops ,I wasn't shore if I was stressing it out by handling it to much or something else, can you stress them out by handling them to much ?

One of the craps could of been the leftovers from a feed it had prior to you getting it.

Yes handling them can cause stress especially ones that are nervous/highly strung.

Much better to not handle unless absolutely necessary until it has had at least half a dozen feeds for you and is feeding strongly.

Its 10 mths old I have got it in a 4 foot enclosure it seems happy enough ,but the thing I noticed on the last feeding was it didn't strike at the rat it just came over and grabbed it from the tongs than wrapped it up and ate it ,I have read elsewhere that they can also stress out in a big enclosure is this true I'm not sure what the bloke I brought it from kept it in.I have a thirst for knowledge sorry if my questions are silly but my background is in AFRICAN CICHLID FISH so and when keeping and breeding them the smallest change can be catastrophic ,probly why I'm a bit anxious.

As long as it has a hot and cold side an enclosure that big shouldn't be bad. Just give em plenty of hidey spots and your fine.

About the no striking just taking, don't sweat it. Some snakes are "lazier" than others. Some you need to just sit the prey in, some want the "zombie" dance and others will scare the crap outta ya!

Some snakes poo once a month. My colubrids poo once or twice a day :mad:

My woma will go about every other day. Be thankful its just once or twice a week. The bigger the snake, the bigger the poo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back