My Ride in a V8 Supercar

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

salebrosus

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Being a die hard John Bowe fan, i was ecstatic to get a drive day with the team he finished his career with, Glenfords Tools, Paul Cruikshank Racing.

It was held at at Ipswich Raceway on a stinker of a day in December. One of the few Holden drivers i like was Fabian Coulthard so i was rapt to seem him get out of the car - he is the drive who will replace my beloved JB.

After waiting for my turn i got in the car and had to wait for the driver change. JB's co-driver from Bathurst Jonathon Webb was the driver i was going to be going with.

What a rush, it was the best thing i have ever felt in my life. When i was asked how the ride was i told them if that doesnt excite you nothing will.

Well, here are the pics, for the friends who have been waiting for pics sorry it took so long, i only got them sent through to me from a friend from Sydney who was also there that day. He won himself a hotlap with Craig Lowndes on the same day, so for Ford nuts like us we were in heaven. You'll have to forgive me for the really cheesy smiles i was dishing out that day.

Cheers, and oh..........

GO THE FORDS!

Simone.

Last edited:
It was awesome, i could understand why JB was so upset to retire. I also think all drivers a fine athletes, the car was so hot and the number of laps those guys do in those conditions is incredible.

The days afterwards i was so miserable though. I was told it was me coming down from my adrenalin high. I jsut wanted to go again and again and again. lol :)

Simone.

Awesome stuff, I'm soooo going to be at the first race that's held at townsville, as much as I don't like townsville, it'll be worth it.

Very jealous,must have been heaps of fun.My cousin is a member of newcastle ford club.He drives a TE50,they have all ford days and invite the ford boys to come and play lol.

"GO THE FALCONS"

JB's co-driver from Bathurst Jonathon Webb was the driver i was going to be going with.

I thought i was your next ride?/??????

Sorry darl but you live way to close to nigmax for me to visit

i did my drive last year my wife and boys sent me for my birthday
and loved every second of it what a rush .
i would recomend it to anyone that loves fast cars or even if they just
love the not fast (holdens) lol lol anyway hope you had a good time

Attachments

• 100_1605.jpg
    100_1605.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 56
it was brilliant RobJo, glad you enjoyed your ride also.

Stevo, nigmax swears your the bad influence!

Simone.

it was brilliant RobJo, glad you enjoyed your ride also.

Stevo, nigmax swears your the bad influence!

Simone.

YEAH BUT HE IS A GIRLS BLOUSE

And who really likes girls blouses its whats inside that counts........................

I went for a V8 racecar drive about a year or so ago - it was awesome.
My goal now is to go for a hot lap or two with a driver - preferably in a ford - but I will take whatever I can get.

I had sooooo much fun with my 8 laps - I won them in a comp - I am saving hard to do it again one day soo.

Townsville here I come.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back