N. levis levis questions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have been looking around for a while now but haven't been able to find everything I was looking for.
I need to know how many of these awesome geckos a 2ft tank is suitable for. Also, if I had 2 geckos in the tank and both were the same sex would that be a problem?
and finally has anyone near Sydney got any hatchies on the way because I am interested in buying some.
Thanks heaps to those of you who have posted in other threads about levis because it has been an great help in setting up my tank and thanks in advance to anyone with advice :D

A pair or trio can be housed in a two foot tank providing multiple hide sites are provided. Adult females can be housed together, but I personally wouldn't house males together.

Good luck :0)

Hey Chaos,

I agree with Sarah 100% when it comes to adults.

In your original post, you mention you're after hatchlings. I prefer to keep all of my hatchies in much smaller click clack type containers. When i have the space, i prefer to keep them seperated (one individual per click clack) to monitor feeding, only introducing them when they become older and the sexes can be confirmed. However, with that said, there has been times when space was limited and i have kept hatchling pairs together without a problem.

I hope to breed a few this season. I should have a 3rd clutch of N. levis levis in the incubator within the next few days.

2' x what?
If it's a standard 2' fishtank, then I'd put 1-2 in it. If it's a 2'x2' tank, then you could house 3 or 4 without any issues.
I've never housed males together, but you can certainly house females together or 1 male with 1 or more females.

It's is a standard 2' fishtank... I just need to hope that I get male / female or female / female hatchies.
Thanks both of you for the advice, i will find some smaller click clack containers for them to grow a bit first.
I cant wait until I get these little guys :)

levis eggs usually hatch 1 male and 1 female each clutch.. i guess there may be an exception to that rule, not 100% sure.

Hi there,
we also run them in trios (MFF). Adult males will fight but a couple of females are usually OK. Occasionally you get one that's dominant and the other female will lose weight if she isn't happy. We've also had big greedy females give smaller males a hard time too, but that's rare. Supply a couple of hides in the same enclosure and you'll have better success at keeping them happy.
I have some eggs in the incubater and some animals left over from last season if you are still interested. We're in Sydney
cheers
matt

mass production jase lol, you have any surplus stock of N. levis levis?

Your male is probably thinking all his X-mas's have come at once. In fact I dont know any species male that wouldn't! Lol

I was reading about a gecko, I think it was a leapord gecko, and they where saying that if you incubate at 26 you get two females, 28 one of each and 32 males. Anyone tried this with other geckos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back