Nasties

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

James

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Just some questions guys in regards to worms and parasites in snakes.

1) Do you have to worm them like cats and dogs every few months ?
2) If so how often and what products do you use and where do you buy ?

That?s all thanks in advance.

You'll probably get different ideas about this but the breeder we got our snakes from said dont bother worming.

The explaination being that he breeds his own mice and worms them(the parents)regulary.We breed mice as well and worm the mice also.

And since the snakes are captive bred then how would they pick up worms in the first place??

cheers

Baby was started on live food, so I will get her wormed soon.
The vet (Robert Johnson) said when I took her for an initial consultation after purchase, that I should get bring her back for worming about 9 months. I'm going to leave the worming to the vet...

I don't think you would need to worm snakes on regularly like cats and dogs. I think what would be a good idea, is maybe every 6 months or so, take to vet for fecal float and check to make sure everything is cool. I would only worm if there was a problem. On the other hand, to my knowledge, it wouldn't hurt to worm them every so often as prevenative measure.

I know you guys don't have this problem there, but here, almost all importers of snakes will worm and treat for internal parasites all imported specimens, even if they don't show signs of infestation. I would also say that's a good idea for any wild caught animal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back