Cleaning enclosures

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mack86

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just after some opinions and advise regarding cleaning of snake enclosures.

Specifically -

How often would you do a complete clean eg remove and replace substrate, wipe over glass etc, clean hides and things within the enclosure.

What specifically do you use for cleaning? Particular product? Just warm water?

Thanks once again !

I empty my enclosures completely every 2-3 months and spot clean urates (white pee) and poop every couple of days.

Use F10 and clean everything. šŸ‘ F10 is the go to for cleaning. Use it on everything.

I empty my enclosures completely every 2-3 months and spot clean urates (white pee) and poop every couple of days.

Use F10 and clean everything. šŸ‘ F10 is the go to for cleaning. Use it on everything.
Thanks bradp78, that's inline with what I was thinking. Being that mine is still in a very small enclosure (only 5 months old) was thinking of once a month doing a complete clean out. I spot check every day or second day as well.

I must overclean. LOL

Mine is every 2 weeks at the outer. (But I'm an amateur so probably am overcleaning). I use F10. Spot clean as required, but find I don't really need to spot clean much as our Woma appears toilet trained. šŸ˜† (Seems to hold on until we take her out for 'walkies' in which then she does her business outside during her time outside). Sounds strange I know, but I'm not complaining.)

Woma's - seriously. I swear.... I wanted a snake with a funny personality - and she has not disappointed.

I must overclean. LOL

Mine is every 2 weeks at the outer. (But I'm an amateur so probably am overcleaning). I use F10. Spot clean as required, but find I don't really need to spot clean much as our Woma appears toilet trained. šŸ˜† (Seems to hold on until we take her out for 'walkies' in which then she does her business outside during her time outside). Sounds strange I know, but I'm not complaining.)

Woma's - seriously. I swear.... I wanted a snake with a funny personality - and she has not disappointed.

This is normal for pythons, and to some extent snakes in general. Taking a dump while out and about makes more sense than doing it inside your home, and snakes obviously (I think it's obvious?) defecate while moving rather than while coiled up and sitting still, and additionally, taking a stinky crap tends to make animals less appealing prey (defecating is a very common defense mechanism across the animal kingdom, even including some humans) so forcing them to move in an unfamiliar place is going to encourage them to empty the colon.

Back