Natural Cleaning Solutions ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you mix vinegar, an acid, with bicarb, an alkali, you get a neutral ph. So in effect, which ever one you put the most of in the pot is what is softening the burnt on food.
I dont know which is the better ingredient or which of the 2 works, personally I just like the way it fizzes up when you add it together lol ;) I know I know small things amuse small minds ;) at any rate the pots are still usable :)

I think i will use vinegar water solution most of the time and every few months use F10

I would definitely warn against using Eucalptus solution just because it is a really harsh cleaner... it burns on your skin and isnt nearly as friendly as Tea Tree Oil. Peter I use Tea Tree oil for all manner of things around the house, as I do Lavender oil, but I dont know much about its neurological effects on pets with exposure... the truth is that Vinegar is just Ethanoic Acid, which is why it would be a good disinfectant in the correct ratios, for some not all bacteria and fungi I suppose.

I would be afraid that if I used vinegar the whole Viv would smell of sour vinegar lol. Does anyone here find that?

Around the house I use Euc (Benchtops, floors etc because its so powerful) but on my own body I would use Tea Tree and Lavender, and I would be inclined to do the same in a Viv to keep in hygienic. A weak solution

I use straight vinegar. Pick up poo (which dries quick uo here) clean astro turf with straight
vinegar. Works fine. I bleach the enclosure after each shed and remodel but spot cleaning is always
vinegar. Smell subsides quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back