Natural Scrub python home, What do you think?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

elise_x

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hiya,

This is my Scrub python's home, the water dish did get filled up before my Scrub went in :)

The substrate, a mixture of loose coir &beech chips(would luck better with orchid bark) with a variety of moss &wood pieces
006-3.jpg

Fix branch into place &place in water bowl

007-5.jpg

009-2.jpg

Put a fake plant in
010-3.jpg

011-4.jpg

012-1.jpg

Then introduce the new owner :)
015-3.jpg

017-2.jpg

019-1.jpg

022-2.jpg

029.jpg

034.jpg

036-2.jpg

Any advice, tips or questions welcome :)

regards, elise x

[/QUOTE]Any advice, tips or questions welcome [/QUOTE]
start saving your money to buy him/her a much large enclouser lol

Lol if only they stayed that size. Snakes grown pretty quickly so I'm mot sure if that enclosure will last long...

By the looks of it he's already developed the typical scrubbie temperament.
Just a heads up in case you don't know scrubbie's get huge and are generally fairly snappy.

Very nice enclosure though :).

Thats not a bad looking setup, normally not a fan of fake plants but they seem to work well in this case, good work

Build a big shed and make it look as natural as this, then its impressive! No just kidding this is a great job it looks unreal.

I'm not the kind to make judgements Elise_X but I must admit some concerns about your choice of python. I hope you've done you research.
That being said your set-up looks attractive and your python is beautiful.

Last edited:
Im sure when he purchased the python he understood the size it grows to and how to look after it

You're correct Reptilerookie.

Elise_X - my apologies, I didn't look at your profile first. My mistake.

Hiya,

I did plenty of research before getting him and I understand exactly what I've gotten in to lol

He is my little baby
017.jpg

030.jpg

033-1.jpg

I am hoping to get him quite tame with regular handling :)

regards, elise x

looks great, natural, but you'll have to throw most of it out the fisrt time it urates, you might try to find a better substrate for the enclosure floor, still keep all the fake plants that you can easily clean, just something to think about, if you only have 1 python the upkeep is easy. becomes a hassle when you have a few snakes. beautiful scubby btw...

Hiya,

He has been in there a couple of weeks but its fine with the mess and quite simple to clean with bio-active substrate :)

He is a morelia amethystina

regards, elise x

I am hoping to get him quite tame with regular handling :)

regards, elise x

I've heard it's not so much when they're young that you have to worry. More when they get big and then decide one day they no longer like you. I hope this doesn't happen for you though. He's a beautiful snake :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back