NBN roll out

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
they get unqualified people in because its cheap to pay labours then trades people.... typical sub contracting, everyone under cutting the next guy then doing the work with unskilled labour.... but then again you're only pulling in cable, not rocket science.
i do relise that goes on , but i believe my boss genuinely couldn't find anyone to do the job

but yes what i do isn't rocket science , but common sense is required imo , little more to it than pulling cable ;)

MAGPIE − i couldnt give you an estimate as ive said there are so many hidden problems that absolutely NO ONE knows about until it is found , like my example of the railway sleepers and i only know what problems their are on my side of the job , i can only imagine the problems that people face through out the entire project

REDFOX - cheers for the correction although i actually had heard that , i just used it as its a good analogy that most people will know of ;)

Everything will probably be accessible via wifi at massive speeds anyway soon enough. Probably a gigantic waste of money. But them again I'm not knowledgable enough on the topic to give a watertight debate :)

Everything will probably be accessible via wifi at massive speeds anyway soon enough. Probably a gigantic waste of money. But them again I'm not knowledgable enough on the topic to give a watertight debate :)
Wireless speeds will increase but fibre will always in our lifetime be faster in my opinion.

I remember fibre optics being a big topic in my computer class in 1990 and how it was going to change the future. 23 years later Australia still runs a hell of a lot of outdated copper wire so I would say go for it with the NBN. Build for the future because at the rate our lines are being changed we need to be a close to up to date as we can get when its all done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back