Need help identifying snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quillo

Reaction score
Hi again,
Thanks everyone for your help with my Eastern Brown snakes query but I saw a snake a couple of weeks ago & I can't figure out what it was.

It was greenish/yellow underneath with a brown/olive top. The head was greenish pale with big red eyes. The snake was very long and slender and was sitting in the "S" position as I drove the car around.

It looked like a very big tree snake but the red eyes confused me.

I stopped & watched it for a while trying to figure out what it was (and annoyed that I didn't have my phone with me to take a pic).

Anyway, the horses came running around & it had a strike at one of them then fled back into the cottage garden.

I've got other common green tree snakes in my palm trees but this one was nothing like them. It looked nasty.

Hope you can help !

Could be a water python just going by colours. Seems that the shape doesn't fit that though. Probably just another tree snake

I've had a look at some pics of Brown Tree Snakes but it wasn't any of those. I've tried google but still can't find it.

Perhaps the only way I will ever get a proper id is to wait until he/she surfaces again & take a pic. It was a beautiful sleek snake... but it would be nice to know if it's ven or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back