Need help With Heating and Lighting For beadi's????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusty99

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey peoples,
Just Want Some Ideas on the heating and lighting for little beardi hattchlings....any ideas thanks....joel

RE: Need help With Heating and Lighting For beadi

What sort of enclosure are they in Joel?

Rusty, ive had mine with heat from above since I got em, tall cage and branches beneath the heat. mine spend nearly all there time basking and moving around above ground. you could use a tub i suppose with heat mat under one end, but i reckon beardies like heat above. heatmat might be good during winter though, especially at night. :wink:

yeh mate its a bout a 4ft tank glass
joel

in that case a light or ceramic over one end on a thermostat with a perch/branch under the heat.

thankx mate
thankx all all ways a help instar

hi,
i use the oz bright 160 watt reptile light, it has both the heat and light they need, and you only have to worry about 1 plug, i also have mine in a 4 foot tank, and set up on a timer and since starting to use the oz bright light they have really been more active,
but thats only my personal view,

cheers,
steve........

Re: RE: Need help With Heating and Lighting For beadi

steve6610 said:
hi,
i use the oz bright 160 watt reptile light, it has both the heat and light they need, and you only have to worry about 1 plug, i also have mine in a 4 foot tank, and set up on a timer and since starting to use the oz bright light they have really been more active,
but thats only my personal view,

cheers,
steve........

I'll back you up on that one steve, i use the same one for my beardies and they love it and seem heaps healthier/active for it.

Alan.

RE: Re: RE: Need help With Heating and Lighting For beadi

hi alan,
i will never go back to my old way, i've seen what happens if you don't do it right, ( a friends , not mine ) i'm just glad that the breeder i bought some of my beardy's from told me to use them,

cheers,
steve...........

yeh thank you i think its a 4ft but i mite buy, a wooden enclosure, be able to hold heat better...joel

again mate just wondering if those heating rocks are any good to use? ...

hi rusty99,
i don't think a heating rock will be any good, they need the heat from above, they could get burnt from the rock, i myself would never use one for a dragon, but thats my opinion.

cheers,
steve........

rusty99,
where abouts in qld are you, i'm in mackay, if your close you can come look at my setup,

cheers,
steve..........

I was once told to use a heatrock from a particular shop I won't mention in Melbourne. I have since sold it to some guy in QLD. I use the OZ-Brite globe for daytime basking with a heatmat running 24/7 on a probe thermostat. That is the best way IMO for a glass tank. :)

im gonna use a normal bed side light heater in one with a perch to obsorb the heat. will that do?
of course with one thermometer near the heater light then one other thermometer at the cool end of the tank!!

my beardies have a heat rock cave in their tank which they prefer to the heat lamp, they are either on the rock or under the lights, they never used the heat lamp at all. we took ithe rock out once and they seemed unhappy, when we put it back in one of them was on it before we had placed it properly and it wasnt because they lacked warmth in the tank they just love it. i must add this rock cave is nowhere near as hot as the heat rocks we have, it is just warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back