Need help with planted tank

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrLegace

Reaction score
I am looking to make a tank for gargoyle geckos and want to make a background for it myself, I saw that some people mix peat moss and some kind of sealant, my first question is, is there some kind of substrate I can mix in that will grow plants off it naturally without me needing to add seeds or something?

Second question, if I did want to add specific plants to the background what are some ways of doing that?
I have thought of adding a pot to the wall and hiding it in the background or carving into the background and making a hole to put dirt in, which would be my best bet?

I use "titebone 3" for sticking coco mix on the backgrounds because it is 100% water proof. Silicone can rub off but this wont, it isnt cheap but it is the only thing i would use now.

Rick

Titebond, that's wood glue correct?

There are different different levels of titebond, the one i used it titebond 3.

Yes i believe it is a wood glue, it is tan in colour and comes out of the bottle the same as pva or bondcret. It is more of a multi purpose glue then just specifically used for wood.

Another decent product is "gorilla glue original", puffs up like expanda foam when misted with water. The only problem with it is that it is very expensive to buy here in aus. I would love to try it on a glass exoterra to suit some geckos or forest dragons.

Rick

Check out the Dendro boards.
Beautiful planted vivariums with set by set instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back