Need snake relocator NSW - Urgent

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snapped

AussiePythons Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Posting on behalf of an acquaintance who doesn't have access to the forum.

She is in NSW Hawkesbury area and on acreage, a Red Belly Black has been around her house most of the day, even if she makes lots of noise, it keeps coming back, she has children and dogs so needs it gone ASAP.

shes rang Wires and a few other places who were of no help, so can anyone go and remove the snake for her without costing a fortune?

She doesn't want to use the shovel, but she does have to let her dogs out to pee etc, so the sooner someone can come and relocate the snake, the better.

WIRES is an absolute joke, had an injured blue tongue about 4 months ago and i rang them and got an answer at 8:30 only to be told they can't do anything until 9 where i would of had to call back within their operating hours and go through the processes of getting the bluey some help ...

Maybe ring the reptile park, don't know how far they'd want to travel but if its out of their range im sure they'll have the number of someone who could help your friend out

Thanks, she had been on the phone for a few hours trying to get someone out, but kept getting told different things and to ring someone else etc etc

A member on here is currently helping the lady. :D

Wires dont remove snakes from rural properties. Why would they? Lets be honest, if your going to live on acreage you better get used to the neighbours. Variety? Why didn't you take the bluey to the vet? Oh, yeah, its better to blame volunteers. Emphasis on VOLUNTEERS.

I don't ever remember being told not to relocate out of office hours, and we sure as shat on a cat, would not have told anyone to ring back in half an hour. As Peter has said WIRES is maned through voluntary efforts and finding people to go remove an elapid in the middle of the day for the love isn't always easy!
My suggestion Variety would be put your hand up to help out or stop bagging the poor punter having a go!

Plenty of knockers when what we need is volunteers...it's like people blaming fireies for their house burning down when they wont clear the gutters/ maintain of their own properties (personal experience).

Wires dont remove snakes from rural properties. Why would they? Lets be honest, if your going to live on acreage you better get used to the neighbours. Variety? Why didn't you take the bluey to the vet? Oh, yeah, its better to blame volunteers. Emphasis on VOLUNTEERS.

"Improper rescue can hurt and distress the animal and also the rescuer. This is why WIRES trains all its volunteers. Caution is required when handling many species of wildlife. If you live in New South Wales, call WIRES on 13 000 WIRES or 13 00 094 737. "

Direct quote form WIRES ^

So call me crazy but you can understand why i thought they would be able to help, for your own piece of mind i did end up taking him to a vet and missing my brothers football grand final.
Volunteers or not there was no real urgency shown or any real advice on what we should of done ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back