Need some professional help and guidence. Possable Dragon Issue

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dotora

Reaction score
Hello all,

As some of you may know I have had my dragons for well over a year now. Well my female Eastern Bearded is loaded with eggs, I can feel them in her abdo. The issue is she has not eaten in nearly 1.5 - 2 months she is just not intrested. I leave the woodies in there with her nearly all day and she just ignores them. Is this a normal way for her to behave?

Also she is only dropping 1-2 eggs a day. Is that normal or should she be doing them all in one hit? I know they are not firtile as the male was too small to mate with her.

Im getting quite concerned that she has not eaten for such a long period of time and is taking so long to lay.

Any guidence or input would be fantastic

I am no dragon expert, but how long has it been since she started laying?

How many eggs has she droped in total?

Does she have a suitable laying site?

She will not be eating now if she is full of eggs.

She is probably not laying consistently because she has not been provided a suitable site as Jay has said.

I would not be worried about food at the moment, getting her to lay is the priority.

First clutches from Dragons often have a majority of eggs that are infertile.

Sounds like she is stressed and can't find a lay site she is happy with, if she has not laid them by now you may want to give her a oxytocin injection and a calcium injection asap, under perfect conditions BDs should eat up untill the day they lay, in captivity they usually hold onto their eggs past what they would if they where wild with numerous lay sites to choose from. Learning when your dragon is due and getting the eggs out as quickly as possible is a bit of an art that takes some experience to master, more than just a small tub of dirt at one end of the enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back