Nephrurus Amyae breeding advice please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PythonOwner25

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Currently have 4 Nephrurus Amyae (1 male...purchased him at the VHS expo the other week and 3 females) in a 4ft fishtank, heated underneath by a heatmat at one end. The setup is "natural habitat style" and i have seen the male mating with the females already but is it too late in the season? The male is 11 months old and the females are all 13 months old...i was planning to cool them this year but i seen them mating recently...so should i hold off cooling for this season in-case the female develops eggs??? ALSO i am keeping the male and 3 females ALL together in the 4ft tank...they get along fine but should the male be separated and only introduced in breeding season??? advice please:rolleyes:

Here is a recent photo of them :)

Attachments

• 2012vhsexpo 210.jpg
    2012vhsexpo 210.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 260
Ive got my amyae in a similar setup to yours and I dont change anything temp wise. I just rely on the ambient temps dropping naturally as it gets closer to winter.

Eggs are easy to see through the geckoes skin, keep an eye out for eggs and move your gravid girls to a warmer enclosure if this happens during the cooler months

The male only needs to be with the females once as they store sperm. You should probably think about what happens if all your girls lay and you end up with a heap of hatchies. good luck mate

in pythonowner25's case if its not gravid how low would temps have to drop for them to cease breeding as they are a species that like the heat im thinking 24c?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back