Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, they've got really thick heads for geckos... from what i've seen anyway.

So how do Geckos differ from your other brand of 'lizards'? Other than being nocturnal of course.

$950 a pair hes dreamin alright, mind you hell probally find some mug to buy em. IMO, $500 a pair is top dollar for pair of captive bred adults or juvs.

Wow! Its hard to believe something so small could be worth so much but I guess they are very cute and must be quite rare in captivity so far. Keep up the breeding programs you guys, so I can afford one too! LOL

Wow, $950 a pair is WAY overpriced. Juvies and adults seem to go for pretty much the same money, between $250 and $350 each. Having said that if you can find someone who is willing to pay $950 a pair then good on you! They are a fantastic species, but I have to say, BRING ON THE WHEELERI!!!! One day...I can dream!!!

Are the Wheeleri yours Colin? I would love to see more pics of them if you have any. Absolutely awesome looking species.

Jordo, the first Bynoe's egg hatched today! Cute little fella. So tiny!! Here are a couple of pics for you.

b2cad03c.jpg

aaea6ad0.jpg

ff002c36.jpg

nehrurus amyae

[/quote] Saz said: Are the Wheeleri yours Colin? I would love to see more pics of them if you have any. Absolutely awesome looking species.
:D I wish Saz :D no unfortunately they aren't mine..... although I wish they were.. They are however on my "must have list" and hopefully someday I might actually get some...

I'm curious if anyone who keeps amyae, has animals that sometimes sleep like my guys.. that is flat out on the sand (inside a half log) with their front arms stretched out and their back legs stretched out as well.. :lol: maybe this is common with these geckos, I'm not sure, but I've never witnessed this before and it cracks me up when they do it... I'll try and get a pick of this sleeping behaviour to post..

Gotta love those wheeleri!! Yes, one day Colin...we can dream together LOL! What else do you keep?

My two juvie Amyae and one of my adult Levis females often sleep with their back legs stretched out behind them. It's so cute, hehehe! Not seen the adult Amyae do it though, if the female stretched herself out she'd easily be 7-8 inches. How big are your female Amyae Colin? I couldn't get over how big mine was when she arrived!

The amyae are the only gex I keep at present Saz. Apart from them I keep various pythons. My females would have to be easily 6.5 inches (maybe bigger) from snout to end of tail (although I"ve never actually measured them) and the male is a bit smaller than the females. I find the males can be sexed at (sometimes) 6 months to 12 months of age by their noticeable hemipene bulges.

If I breed the amyae later this year, I"ll probably keep a few to establish some breeding stock for later years. Apart from that... I would be interested to obtain some other nephrurus such as asper (anyone breeding them out there?) sheai (only know of one person with one specimen) and of course wheeleri (if any were available)

Hi Colin,

There are a couple of people with Asper, but there is a waiting list as long as your arm and it will be a good few years before those few people will have any for sale. Such a shame as they are an awesome species. Yup, I only know of one person at this stage with Sheai and he only has one LOL!

Fingers crossed one day they will all be attainable in captivity. For now Nephrurus Stellatus, Nephrurus Occidentalis and Nephrurus Laevissimus are on my 'to get' list for that genus. I really like the look of Nephrurus Deleani, but I don't know of anyone who keeps that species in captivity in Australia.

Am getting four hatchling Nephrurus Levis Pilbarensis soon, which I am very excited about LOL! It's like Christmas when new babies arrive!

Good luck with breeding your Amyae.

:0)

nephrurus are my favourite geckos as well...

All the best with the pilbarensis Saz.
Have you seen any of the mutations they have overseas at all?

Fraid you guys in Vic aren't allowd to keep these critter :0(

Yes Colin, they have some AWESOME animals overseas.
The US and Europe have strains of Levis that are BRIGHT RED!! One day I hope we have animals like that available here.

:0)

WOW, i love gex :)

How do the wheeleri compare with amyae in size?
My g/f is bugging me for a pair atm, any Nephrurus???
How many species are available?

I know southernxreptiles have delaini ,they look very nice and a SA species i thinky commonly called pernattys.Pilbarensis are definitely another very nice knobby.

Nice pics, easy to breed and care for, they are the bulldogs of the gecko world . What they are worth and people comming up with the cash is another story . NICE TO SEE SOMEONE ELSE KEEPING THESE PRIZED ANIMALS

those pics are awsome guys. keep up the good work. what would you keepers rate them in terms of how easy they are to look after, etc. thnaks

those pics are awsome guys. keep up the good work. what would you keepers rate them in terms of how easy they are to look after, etc. thnaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back