New 10mth old Jungle having problems Sheding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macca2301

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Have just purchased a 10mth old jungle and when he has shed has only shed about 2 3rds of his body and cant get the rest off. I currently own 3 other pythons and they have never had this problem. How do i fix this and if this happens to this python on a regular occurance is this bad.

Regards,
Luke

Jungles seem to need a bit more humidity than most carpets at shed time. In this case you're best off giving him a bath and let him soak in the water for a minute or two then you can help remove it. Or if you're scared of getting bitten you can just put him in a tub with a lid and about an inch or two of water and let him soak and remove it himself

retained shed can be quite a dangerous problem if left too long. In this case as saximus said he needs a warm bath and then if you can you need to try and remove the old shed if it has not come off in the next day or so. If he does tend to have bad sheds you may need to increase the humidity in his enclosure when he goes blue eyed and then even give him a warm bath when the blue clears up before he sheds

Thanks guys for your help. Will try this today and see how i go.

Regards,
Luke

Hi guys,

Have been bathing him every day and still has about 2 inches of old skin attached that just wont budge easily. Spoke to a member a vet clinic and they said to keep bathing and add sorbolene cream or vitimin e cream to the area. Have you ever hear of this before and any other surgestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Luke

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back