NEW AAE REGULATIONS as of FEB 1st

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakehandler

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just a very important note to all people who freight with AaE. There are new regulations that are being implemented throughout Australia on the lodgement of animals on flights, much of which is still in the early stages. As of Feb 1st all AaE depots are supposed to not accept animals unless:
They have been booked onto a flight prior to arriving at AaE.
They are in ridged containers
They must be lodged no more than 2 hours prior to a flight and no less than 90 minutes prior to a flight.
You must provide an approximate weight of the container and animal in the booking

Some ports have already started this process, in particular Brisbane. Go to the AaE website for more information.

Thanks SH,
Its always a good idea to ring before hand so they know your coming anyway, and to check that they give you the right info!

Now you must book, not just ring ahead, they will send you an email and this must be brought in, it is an acceptance of their terms and conditions!

Thanks for the heads up , i have to look into sending some hatchies soon for the first time .

cheers nico

lol yet i called the AAE brisbane this morn and he told me to just bring it on down. didnt even have to give him my name. everytime i organise it the rules seem to change depending onwho i speak to

lol yet i called the AAE brisbane this morn and he told me to just bring it on down. didnt even have to give him my name. everytime i organise it the rules seem to change depending onwho i speak to

I always find AAE inconsistent every time I deal with them.

thanks for the info SW

dee4 - solid wooden box, plastic box suitable for stacking with weight, etc.

Booking is done by calling. They give you a booking number over the phone, which you present when you turn up with the parcel. Nothing new here in Cairns.

Gladstone AAE has had a big overhaul in the last few months, i've had to follow these new regulations for the last few weeks.

Pretty big upgrade considering just a year ago we didn't even have an office, and to lodge and recieve snakes you just had to hand them to or take them off the luggage guys!

snakehandler can you please post up or pm me the page of the AAE website that says this please?

I just freighted some reptiles to QLD this morning and asked about this situation. The Sydney AAE guys said it only applies to domesticated animals like cats and dogs and not for reptiles.. was told after feb 1st to just to bring the reptiles in and book them at the Sydney AAE desk as per usual. So Id be interested to find out more on this issue.

Colin,

I asked the Sydney guys as well and they told me the same. The new rules only apply to cats, dogs, etc, not to reptiles.

Another thing to be aware of - although they fly, and move freight, on Sundays their shop fronts/counters are not open to the public after lunchtime...

I also agree with Sydney people here. I had no problem freighting so far, but in saying that, it depends who you talk to in Syd. You will have 3 people tell you one thing, the another tell you there all wrong and to do it a different way. Be nice to clear it up from Sydneys end

Australian Air Express - Crates Here's the helpful info you have been waiting for

And more info Australian Air Express - Express Pets

Last edited:
When I freighted from Sydney last year I was told a hard plastic container with a bag inside for nonvenomous reptiles. I provided an approximate weight because I wanted to get a price on the shipping. I did not have to book a flight, possibly because Sydney is so busy. They did explain that not all flights are suitable, because not all have pressurized luggage areas.

Colin, I asked the Sydney guys as well and they told me the same. The new rules only apply to cats, dogs, etc, not to reptiles.

thanks for that bigguy. I was told the Sydney managers discussed the situation and have decided that this new system only applies to cats and dogs and not reptiles. maybe other AAE offices at different airports or cities vary with this ruling but Im unsure of this.

snakehandler can you please post up or pm me the page of the AAE website that says this please?

I just freighted some reptiles to QLD this morning and asked about this situation. The Sydney AAE guys said it only applies to domesticated animals like cats and dogs and not for reptiles.. was told after feb 1st to just to bring the reptiles in and book them at the Sydney AAE desk as per usual. So Id be interested to find out more on this issue.

I sent off 4 animals last week at sydney , I always check to see if there is any new regs etc , and was told its business as usual .... turn up with them in a suitable tub / box and they send them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back