NEW AAE REGULATIONS as of FEB 1st

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I am doing is passing on the situation with Brisbane AaE as at 3pm yesterday. If you guys find different great....but that is their statement at 3pm yesterday. Melbourne will be undergoing training next week and the final rollout of the "new" regulations is to take place on the 1st Feb, this is to unify the system and reduce/remove inconsistent nature of AaE. If you want to know more contact AaE. This may only apply to accompanied pets...which is how mine always travel, however the new training will attempt to clarify things......people do what you like.....all I am trying to do is alert people of the changes I have been told about.......

I have always phoned and booked the animals in a day or 2 before but when I called to make a booking the other day they told me that I don't need to book reptiles in as they are a small package and they can always fit them in, this is the first time in around 10 years of freighting reptiles that I have got this response.

thanks for that bigguy. I was told the Sydney managers discussed the situation and have decided that this new system only applies to cats and dogs and not reptiles. maybe other AAE offices at different airports or cities vary with this ruling but Im unsure of this.

I was at the AAE office this morning and was also told that it only applies to cats and dogs

I was at the AAE office this morning and was also told that it only applies to cats and dogs

Guess all it means is don't feed your scrubby a cat or a dog just before putting it on a plane.

Guess all it means is don't feed your scrubby a cat or a dog just before putting it on a plane.

Oh no - snakes on a plane scenario!

I think part of the confusion is whether or not AAE (and us) consider reptiles as 'pets'. If you read the info on their site regarding 'pets' then this phoning ahead applies. However AAE also sends livestock which are not 'pets'. Generally their approach to reptiles is very much the same as livestock. However in the FAQ on their "Express your Pet" webpage there is one mention of reptiles so it sort of compounds the confusion. Are they pets or not? Seeing as they dont seem to know it's difficult for them to advise us.......

This new regulation is a good thing, and I've noticed its just at the major airports and does include reptiles. Rural AAE is a little more old school, & some will always remain this way. As for packaging I usually place them in a strong click clack and then place the click clack inside a cardboard box or strong foam esky.

Well that depends if the scrubby is an approved container for a cat or not :)

and it also depends on the size of the scrubby and the cat or dog whether you can put both in the same container

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back