New Addition the the family. NAME SUGGESTIONS WELCOME.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If your dogs both have a lovely temperment and are free from nasty genetic faults then breed Zeke & ??? [Jazmina?] . I think they will produce beautiful pups & Staffies are such wonderful family members. JMO!!
PS Breed standards mean JS I'm afraid and showing...well. That is just the opinion of that particular judge on that particular day. I have had disagreements with judges about my animals. One was awarded champ cos there was " no competition or he wouldn't have won it" I refused the ribbon and I had a bull judged lower cos he WAS walking well & behaving nicely. The bull who beat him would cheerfully have killed everyone there given the chance. The reason given " He is TOO quiet" !!! I know whose daughters I would have rather had!!!!!

Last edited:
hip dysplacia is a comon thing in alot of dogs. My mals are also prone to it but have been tested now, i have heard of dwarfism (not sure if spelt right sorry) in mals which is some thing new.
The only thing i can suggest is always scan the new owners and if they dont feel right they should not take the dog no matter how much they through at you.
my sister has the blue and she should have been scanned by the person selling the dog she is not in a stable place to live for one and now is in the position where she has split with the boyfirend again and had to get rid of the dog.
this has happened a few time first with 2 pugs now the staffy she should not own a dog

i'll stick with the agree to disagree theory.

jesus im not saying profits. what i am saying is that it would be great to own 2 examples of my favorite breed aswell as getting 2 payments back off them to cover the costs of keeping them for a few years. I dont know what vet you have gone to but i was charged $60 for zekes 2 needles (he has his first done before we bought him) and the microchip cost $30. I know there is always vet bills or health checks that need to be paid for. **** i am not a child who thinks "hmm, my dog has puppies, puppies sell for $3000, thats $3000 profit." Out of that $3000 i would think it not too much of a stretch to expect closer to $1000 'profit' but that profit is comfortably chewed up by the dogs in 12 months in food alone.

I like how because someone says they want to breed a dog without papers they become un-ethical.

its hard to discuss anything with purists. i do see your points but i simply am not worried about bit of paper. i worry more about having a good dog. its like my ultimate car. a 1971/72 VH Charger XL. Sure the best model charger is worth $200k+ but you can buy a base model which is the same shell for closer to $10,000. i dont see the point in spending that extra money. But purists crucify you when you make a 'replica'

personally i see no real problem with breeding your dogs as long as you do it in a responsible way and make sure puppies go to good homes.

haha i like mutts i dont like pedigrees lol but thats just me... everyone is different! my mum grew up on kangaroo island she always thinks that muts seem to have more in them then pedigrees

everyone has different oppinions tho

lol, to get it back on course we are sorta leaning on kiri.

my last dog was a mutt. lived to 14 before getting hit by a car and was healthy his entire life. was desexed at birth though.

Theduclos Im with you on the Charger issue. I am about to buy a Ford Mustang 1965-1966 and if I buy a Shelby replica for example I get looked down upon because its not the real thing. So yeah I know where you are coming from.

kiri is the best name that was my old cats name!!

kiri is a winner use that!

lol, nice car to buy mate. personally i prefer the chargers as there are a little bit rarer and aussie only. but mustangs are still tops. you looking for a fastback i take it if you are getting looked down on for wanting a shelby replica. damn fastbacks are hot lol. my charger would be a dark purple beast with black and silver interior and nice shiny chrome but not much more then a cammed 265 (cruiser rather then bruiser). thats the dream. i wanna get the shell before the prices skyrocket more. and build it up over 5 or so years. If a mopar nut saw a VH charger with e49 stickers on it, in a non standard colour they would hit the roof. I don't care for matching numbers or any thing along those lines. Sure it would be nice to have but when you own a car like that you can't customise it to your own style. Because you are likely to get shot by some crazed car fan. I've read stories about people getting into punch-ons for painting a genuine phase 3 GTHO a different colour then it came form the factory. Thats bloody stupid as far as i'm concerned but some people care about it that much.

So kiri eh? I'm sorta swaying towards it because i really want to name her something soon. cos im calling her rat ATM. cos she aint much bigger then one.

lol, he is treating her like the missus already. keeps on nudging her and licking her. he is whipped after 1 days. surely thats some kinda record lol.

What you have to look at too is, what happens when the bitch has complications and she needs emergency c-section?There is a lot to raising a litter of pups and its pretty expensive and a pain in the butt.It may just turn out that it costs way more than you paid for both of the dogs. anything can happen that may mean your beloved pet doesn't come home.

Theres 2 more years of planning, saving, vet checks and researching before the dog will be bred anyway. yes i know about the what ifs of these things. would you guys say if i came on here tonight and said "me and the missus are trying for our first child' i can assure you that no one would say "what if she needs an emergency c section, suffers from complications and dies, what if other complications arise" even though they are facts of a human pregnancy (and we sure as hell dont have papers LOL). yes i have looked and will continue to look into these risks and risk managements. my dogs dont get neglected. i spend a day a week down at the dog beach in brighton with my boy aswell as walks and when the girls needles are done she will join us. they get fed good food twice a day. there are risks in breeding. just as there are risks in everyday life. I am aware of the risks. I am aware of the costs. I only really came on here after name suggestions not an argument about why i shouldnt breed my dog. I thank the people who offered names. just as i thank Miss B for showing some concern.

i like kiri kira riku kari kenisha kiala names like that make it unique lol

i have to name my 2 squirrel gliders tommorow :eek: dont no where to start

theduclos that quote in ur siggy nearly had my fall of my chair laughing funny stuff

Milly or Tilly are cutie names! Shes is gorgeous! I have two male staffys myself, best dogs ever! :eek:)

jesus she cried all night long. to the point where we went and got earmuffs from my car lol. she had all her food milk and water and a nice warm bed with a ticking clock in it. musta just missed her mum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back