New Addition the the family. NAME SUGGESTIONS WELCOME.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most breeders will not send their puppies off to new homes until they are at least 10-12 weeks old. Maybe she just hasn't quite got used to being seperated from her mum yet. You could wrap one of those microwave heaty bags in a thick towel and tuck an old clock inside for her to lie with. The warmth and the ticking of the clock reminds them of their mum (her heartbeat) and helps to settle them in. I had a pup that cried during the night and that trick worked a treat with him.

lol there is no money to be made in selling puppies. Especially if all the proper care they need is given.

Try giving her a teddy bear, if she had brothers and sisters, then she would be used to snuggling up with them.

no she wasnt sleeping with the male. he is simply too big for her now. i got my male at 8 weeks old, and apart from the first night he slept like a baby the entire time. im already using the clock trick ill try it with a heat bag. she came from a litter of 7 so i spose she is missing her brothers and sisters. but this girl simply did not stop all night long. tried everything for the first hour then decided a little bit of tough love was needed. cos if we got up all night long she wouldnt get used to sleeping alone. it will only be for about 4 weeks though then she will be sleeping with the male outside. ive got a cracker of a headache lol.

forgot to mention your puppy should be getting 3-4 feeds a day at 6 weeks
Cheers

yeah i know about the new pup. its at the point we need to take her milk away from her. she just goes and goes and goes. our 6 month old on the other hand get 2 medium feeds a day. cant give him more due to work commitments.

the pup will get a feed at around 6am, again at around 4pm then again around 9pm. work means we cant give her a lunchtime feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back