new arrivals. Md's & gecko's

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow look how much theyve grown!!!!!!!!!!
good job and good luck with the gravid girl!!!!!!!!

and my girlfriends birthday present. The 2 murray darling girls are now about 18months old. At just over 1m they are a great deal larger than when we got them.
And wan fn they look pretty.

Attachments

• 091120091067.jpg
    091120091067.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 091120091068.jpg
    091120091068.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 59
They are looking great. You will have them popping out pairs of eggs soon ;-)

our s. cillarus, probably because they are fed late in their day, are happily active when the lights are on. The female is a particularly aggressive hunter and very entertaining.

I must say that these days I try to feed them crickets when I can as they hold more calcium when you dust them. They also get the odd fly or any other small insect that gets too close to me so I can catch it and throw it in.

We have another female almost adult size that I have hung on to add to the colony when she is fully grown.

all pics taken on a
Nokia n95
Thanks to dr Danny Brown aka geckodan.
Not many people keep this species.

Your williamsii look like a cross between a spiny tailed and a jewelled gecko - very pretty!

Your williamsii look like a cross between a spiny tailed and a jewelled gecko - very pretty!

williamsi are a spiny tail, eastern spinytail gecko.
strohporus williamsi or diplodactylus williamsi, depending on who you ask.
and i believe are closely related to the jeweled.

After reading the care sheet on them again i think they may be to young to breed this season,

couldn't believe it, i got 2 eggs on Dec 29.

got 2 more a few days later butb didn't find them in time..
i didn't think they were old enough..
and i've got 1male 2 female

thats great i bet you are pleased ! is that a real plant in your Wiliiamsi set up, im looking to get some spiny tails in the next month .

yea Sarah, they are both real plants, called air plants..
hopefully in a months time my eggs will be hatching..

ok , will have to look into some real plants as i want a natural looking set up,

good luck with the eggs.

ok , will have to look into some real plants as i want a natural looking set up,

good luck with the eggs.

Most Bunnings have Air plants - Tillandsias - but make sure you get all the crickets out of the enclosure (if you feed in there) as they will eat and kill the plants. Otherwise they look awesome and are so easy to keep.

i never take the crickets out.. they usually get eaten the same night they get put in the enclosure...
new enclosure being setup now.. zoomed 12x12
pics coming once its done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back