New Bike

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user 16446

Reaction score
Just recently picked up a brand new bike. After riding a Honda CBR125 for a couple of years, I decided it was time to 'catch up to the traffic' and bought a new Suzuki GSXR600.

What a difference! It was a good choice to start riding on a small bike, having never even ridden or driven any manual vehicle before, and the bike was economical to say the least ($4 a week on fuel!) I can't even start my car for that.

Now that I'm able to do the higher speed limits without holding onto the back of a truck, lol, I'd be interested in a ride now and then with any other herper riders who may live nearby, (Upper Nth Shore, Sydney)

Attachments

• IMG_0024.jpg
    IMG_0024.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0026.jpg
    IMG_0026.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 126
All factory decals. No custom work.

I got it $4000 cheaper than RRP so that's the only reason I could afford a new one at all. Don't really need anything bigger either.

Nice ride mate i just got a 95 yzf r600 had full rebuild and restore got another month before i can get my open licence though, big difference to the 250s ive been riding

Just recently picked up a brand new bike. After riding a Honda CBR125 for a couple of years, I decided it was time to 'catch up to the traffic' and bought a new Suzuki GSXR600.

What a difference! It was a good choice to start riding on a small bike, having never even ridden or driven any manual vehicle before, and the bike was economical to say the least ($4 a week on fuel!) I can't even start my car for that.

Now that I'm able to do the higher speed limits without holding onto the back of a truck, lol, I'd be interested in a ride now and then with any other herper riders who may live nearby, (Upper Nth Shore, Sydney)
Nice bike King .I've had my bike for a couple of years now and love it .I went straight to the top and brought a CBR 1100 Blackbird .Nice bike out on the open road .Excellent for those days when you have that car driver sitting on your *** at 120 then pulls out to pass .Open it up and leave them sitting there going ***

hey mate im in sydney too and go riding very often with a lot of different social groups,ive got a CBR1000RR which is my daily ride. I like the 600,s though i also have a CBR600 F4i tucked away at my place.

I would meet half way for coffee if you want to go for a ride, I live in Brisbane and I ride a Triumph Tiger. Nice bike, my mate has one and he is happy with it.

beautiful bro! i love the gixxers, i had to sell my 03 750 and my 02 1000 when i lost my licence 4 years ago.

cant wait to get my new one.......very soon ;)

donks

I would meet half way for coffee if you want to go for a ride, I live in Brisbane and I ride a Triumph Tiger. Nice bike, my mate has one and he is happy with it.

Wow, that would be somewhere near Nambucca Heads / Urunga. Would love to meet for a coffee but I don't think I'd get enough time off work for the ride, lol.

I got a lot of getting used to the bike to do, mainly in the comfort area at the moment. A cruiser would definately be more comfortable, but I just like the style and look of a sportsbike. Something sexy about it.....specially with chicks on board!

hey mate im in sydney too and go riding very often with a lot of different social groups,ive got a CBR1000RR which is my daily ride. I like the 600,s though i also have a CBR600 F4i tucked away at my place.

Maybe we could organise a ride sometime. I'm not a member of any social groups yet, I'm not ready for a day long ride until I get comfortable with it. I'm sore after only an hour being on the thing.

I think I need to pivot the brake and clutch levers down on the new one, my wrists get sore if I rest my fingers on them.

Nice bike. I've got the K8 750 as my ride which is pretty much the same as far as appearances go, just no swirly graphics.
Strongly recommend getting a pair of Oggy Knobbs and a radiator guard fitted!

Wow, that would be somewhere near Nambucca Heads / Urunga. Would love to meet for a coffee but I don't think I'd get enough time off work for the ride, lol.

I got a lot of getting used to the bike to do, mainly in the comfort area at the moment. A cruiser would definately be more comfortable, but I just like the style and look of a sportsbike. Something sexy about it.....specially with chicks on board!

I like the style of cruisers better than sports bikes but have found the cruisers aren't as comfortable on the long runs as they look, there's a tendency to slouch into the seat which isn't good on the lower back. The day i got my 600 i took it for a 260 km ride i was nervous for half the ride and my hands were tense I got pins and needles etc and was basically uncomfortable, I forced myself to relax and loosen my grip and then take my weight of the top half of my body and my arms it was instant relief by the end of the trip i was finding it very comfortable though leg position made me feel nervous leaning in to some of the tighter corners but i guess that just comes with experience

That's a good point steve. If you get too comfortable, you tend to slouch and do more bad than good.

Nice ride man..

I like cruisers but also like the sports bike performance.. That why I bought a VRod :D.

Nice GSXR,

Me myself Im a Kawaki fan have a GPX250R and a ZX6R :p

Lets see some pics of these bikes people! The VRod looks awesome, so many nice bikes, so little money. Love the new yamaha Vmax too, that thing looks like a juggernaut.

Last edited:
thats a nice little bike man LOL i've got its steroid soaked bad tempered bother the GSXR1300 had a 98 GSXR750 got my busa in 2001 dont think i could ride anything else now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back