New Caledonian Crested Gecko

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sagara_cp_2006

Reaction score
I am posting this on behalf of friend. A friend of my friends who lives in Brisbane, has a New Caledonian Crested Gecko who is unwell at the moment. It is showing the following symptoms:
- lethargic
- will not eat
- not using his front legs.

Any help would be appreciated.

thank you

I dont know too much about geckos but possibly dehydration?

give it a powerade bath
virtually any of the stimulant supplement drinks will do
10% ade rest water

often helps with any crook reptiles and spurs on the feeding

Tell him if he's going to illegally keep animals he needs to brush up on his vet skills ;)

Could be anything, impossible to say from just that. We would need to know how it's being housed, it's history, age ect ect ect... it does not sound good though.

Its nice to see that some are prepared to answer and leave the usual crap out. It could certainly be dehydrated by the sounds of the symptoms or it could even be too hot for it. Get him to check to temps, they are pretty hardy but every reptiles is susceptible to the usual temperature, food, water factors. I agree about the Powerade bath.

Your friend of your friends would probably have better luck (and reception as you will have gathered from some prior posts) on something like geckosunlimited.

Its nice to see that some are prepared to answer and leave the usual crap out. It could certainly be dehydrated by the sounds of the symptoms or it could even be too hot for it. Get him to check to temps, they are pretty hardy but every reptiles is susceptible to the usual temperature, food, water factors. I agree about the Powerade bath.

lol if it didn't grow here it shouldn't be here, I'm with writghtpython.

Well we can't exactly ignore the fact her friend's owning an illegal animal...

Well you miss out on a lot not having a dog in your family. Do you feed your snakes rats and mice ?

My comment was towards reptiles. Not other animal species. And who feeds there snakes rats and mice myn eat skittles.

I thought you would at least feed them something Australian :)

My comment was towards reptiles. Not other animal species. And who feeds there snakes rats and mice myn eat mm's and skittles.

Well you miss out on a lot not having a dog in your family. Do you feed your snakes rats and mice ?

Cats, dogs, horses, cows, sheep, fruit, fish... us?

I agree that it's probably dehydration. What are the room temps? We are getting hot here in Brisbane and those things like it cool.

I thought you would at least feed them something Australian :)

lol naa they won't eat it unless it's imported there picky buggars

I agree that it's probably dehydration. What are the room temps? We are getting hot here in Brisbane and those things like it cool.

lol are you making a song or something?

Yes but they are all acceptable aren't they ;)

I would certainly be looking at the temps given the hot weather we have been having.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back