New Diamond Disaster!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so far the vet cost me $105, the snake wasnt purchased it was a trade through someone private so i cant and wont give a name but no need to worry as this was there only snake....as far as i know.

I think people are more worried about it being wild caught. ;)

call her Foster... cos i reckon she is much better with you than her last owner.

Scars and wounds

Hey mate,

Your girl is beautiful.! I have a 6 1/2ft female diamond called Delta (no, not named after the singer..sheesh!). She came with that name when I purchased her as a juvy..

Just to let you know, there is a product called 'Colloidal Silver', most health food shops sell it, and its amazing for any types of healing. You can swab it on wounds or scars (straight) and/or put a cap full of it in her water (1 cap per 500ml of H2o).

I rehabilitate injured snakes and wildlife and use this all the time. Its completely natural and has no chemicals. The healing time is twice as quick and it can be use for so many different things.

How did she get scarred?

Ali.

You have a gorgeous girl there mate. Everyone seems to be saying she's wild caught.....does that really matter? Yes it's illegal to take them without a license, but she's your snake, you love her - obviously, & where she came from shouldn't make a difference. She's obviously in good hands now, keep up the good work. Lucky for her you came along.
As far as names go, I had a beautiful Gosford girl that I named 'Jewel'. Being a diamond & with her gorgeous temperament.
But looking at your girl, the name 'Gemma' comes to mind. With her being a diamond - gem, & Gemma seems like a nice feminine form for a snake you are obviously very fond of.
Good luck with it all & keep us up to date:D

:shock:
You have a gorgeous girl there mate. Everyone seems to be saying she's wild caught.....does that really matter? Yes it's illegal to take them without a license, but she's your snake, you love her - obviously, & where she came from shouldn't make a difference. She's obviously in good hands now, keep up the good work. Lucky for her you came along.
As far as names go, I had a beautiful Gosford girl that I named 'Jewel'. Being a diamond & with her gorgeous temperament.
But looking at your girl, the name 'Gemma' comes to mind. With her being a diamond - gem, & Gemma seems like a nice feminine form for a snake you are obviously very fond of.

Hi Guys,
The past history may prove it is wild caught as i am assuming aswell, but it is on my license........
the previous owner doesnt know how old she is so im assuming they stole it from the wild and somehow put it on a license??? Is it possible??
Also the idiot was feeding it wild caught sparrows!!! which would explain the parasites!!

Last edited by a moderator:
well im glad its in your hands now mate good on your for taking it to the vet!!!!

May explain the parasites, but not her size. She wouldn't get to that size on Sparrows. I would imagine their would be ways these pillagers can get them on to license, as it is happening.:(

What planet are you from :rolleyes: as you said its illegal and Daniel has already had to shell out for a vet bill for this snake. Thats only the start if its being fed wild caught sparrows, who knows how long before its feeding on frozen rodents or whatever other problems are going to arise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not too sure how people can link a cyber-created thread with a complete history of a snake on whim? Has anyone ever heard of poor treatment by previous owners? There are a miriad of reasons as to why the snake has parasites.

As for the name, what about Mystique? I love that name for a female snake.

i can only imagine how many of the snakes owned by members have parasites. no one seems to go to the vet for check ups. i havn't seen one herp since i started working at this new clinic and there are a lot of local reptile keepers. and the amount of people that are still feeding live is shocking.

you could call her april. The birth stone for april is a diamond,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back